Model Cars Magazine Forum

I thought that I'd posted this here before, but I can't find any record of it. This has been a fun build for me. The tractor was part of a community build on another forum. It's an original Chevy Titan90 from the box with the red and white truck on the cover. I detailed the dash, chassis, grill, etc. The frame was lengthened just over an inch, and I built a combination tool storage/ headache rack. The decals came from my stash.

The trailer had to wait for over a year from my idea inception to completion. It didn't take that long to build it, but I had to wait for the load. That load is of what is called Pyxis tubes. There is a patient monitoring machine at the hospital where my wife works. It produces a strip of paper with a readout on it about the patient. The tube that this paper comes on is plastic, and when I first saw one, I immediately thought of a truck load. My wife started to collect them for me, and when others saw her doing such, they too, started to save them. It took nearly a year to collect the 60 tubes for the load, but in my opinion, it was worth the wait.

This could have been done by purchasing some Plastruct, but it gives me an opportunity to show how modeling can encourage recycling. Every one of those tubes was destined for a garbage can, and then a landfill.

kittenandtruck017.jpg

kittenandtruck015.jpg

kittenandtruck013.jpg

ChevyTitanCBP-2.jpg

trucksoutside012.jpg

trucksoutside011.jpg

trucksoutside010.jpg

Little Eva does keep her truck looking nice.

I like it, very impressive! The colour looks well and suits the Chevy. Nice idea with the load. I agree a load really enhances a model. The only problem being the load can cost a lot of money, unless of course you are prepared to wait a long time. Great work!

Dave

That is a REALLY nice build!!!!!!!!!! Wow!!! I love that blue that you used on the tractor and the painted wheels really do make the truck much more realistic and more like a well cared for, faithful old work horse rather than a show truck. The graphics are VERY tasteful - not excessive but just enough to really dress the truck up to the "T"! The "load" is well done and real looking and to add to it all, your photography is really pretty awesome too, making the truck look like the real thing. I like the Titans and Astros and this one sure does look sweet! Nice job!!! :lol::lol::P

I'm just getting back into modeling after a long 45+ year absence.

Giving consideration to the size of these big rigs perhaps I should start here.

But then again all I know about trucks is they are big.