Model Cars Magazine Forum

It's a bit of a gamble at best..Some of the products are ok and some are full of pinholes and imperfections. The vacuum formed windows that come with the bodies are pretty much worthless, and the interior tubs are thin and ill fitting.

Can they be built into a respectable model?....well, yes but it takes a little doing...

Here's a '53 buick I did using an R&R resin. It needed a ton of work but it turned out ok after about a month of bodywork and fixing things.

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=33411

I don't know about a direct link to the caster itself...My copy was purchased from Ebay.

Edited by J. Sauber

Jeff the Buick came out great. I will heed the advice and look into R&R when I have more experience.

Man A 71 Impala Vert,I could use one of them :)

I was checking out a 78 4 door Cadillac Sedan Deville.

If you're interested in a good quality resin subject, give these guys a try....You won't have to worry about whether what shows up at your door step is usable or not. These products are very nice and won't require as much repair work to get things right and looking good..

http://www.modelhaus.com/

Sometimes R&R is the ONLY game in town, so if I REALLY want one, I'll bite! He casts the ONLY 70 Buick GSX in exsistance, so it was worth it to me. They DO need a bit of work, but nothing a person used to working with resin shouldn't be able to handle. SOME of his kits ARE near junk though, so IF you can't buy them in person, like FROM RAY, you should listen to ANY advice Steve can give ya. I bought his 53 Merc, and without actually cutting the body up to fix the porportions,it's a MESS! But, it'll stay on the back burner till i feel like messin with it, which is a shame, caz I really wanted to build it. It was the car I came home from the hospital in when I was born.laugh.gifbiggrin.gifwink.gif

Seems to be direct hit or near-miss, quality wise. I've bought two of the '56 (actually '57) IH A-100 pickup kits- both had some very huge pinholes along the rockers and several thin spots along the inner walls of the bed. On the other hand, I've seen R&R stuff in the stash of other modelers which is equal in quality to anything you'd get from Bandit or Flintstone, so maybe those were 'worst case'. They're often pretty rough on the inside, too- but that's something I usually don't factor into my overall view of the product, as it won't be seen when the model is together. The '38 IH coe cab from R&R, on the other hand, was actually pretty nicely cast... all the pinholes were in the flash, and there were only a few surface blemishes that needed dealt with.

This is how the '57 IH looks completed, haven't finished the others yet, but overall, I'm pretty happy with the outcome on my first completed R&R kit!

Pictures, you ask? Why, surely...

IMG_44001-vi.jpg

IMG_44041-vi.jpg

IMG_44071-vi.jpg

Edited by Chuck Most