Model Cars Magazine Forum

Chevrolet Titan Day Cab Single Axle

I'm not much of a sleeper fan, conventional or cab overs, so day cab it is!

I taped a line 4.70mm from the body side door jam, sharpied a line to follow, then made the cut with a xacto saw.

The cut came out a bit rough..but it worked. I'll use some baking soda and superglue to fill the gaps.

P7231006-vi.jpg

P7231016-vi.jpg

I started getting the chassis finished. Not done painting the chassis, but it is coming together. Using a few shades of brown acrylics dry brushed in layers.

P7311355-vi.jpg

P7311363-vi.jpg

I started on the fuel tank. At first I was gonna use the square ones, but said to hell with it and made a aluminum tank and added the C600/900 fuel tank sides to it. i'll end up casting the tank a long with theframe mount too.

P7311357-vi.jpg

P7311361-vi.jpg

That looks like a very good start, Ryan.

I did the same thing ... but stalled out while seeking the "right" wheels (not the ones in the pic).

Super60003-vi.jpg

Finally located a set of the proper Budd 2-holers. I gotta get back to this one. I'll be following along with your build! Thanks in advance for the inspiration.

;)

• 2 weeks later...

I was given some Aluminum pipe used to make Bow Rails on boats, it's great stuff to machine, plus the heavy wall allowed me to turn it down a bunch.

I redid the Air cleaner again, and turned down some resin for the ends. Not shooting for a Titan/Detroit prototype, just a simple can shape.

P8131553-vi.jpg

P8131555-vi.jpg

The rear axle and much of the frame was done in many shades of brown, dabbed on by my trusty fat round bristle brush. I added the red after just to breakup the brown everywhere. I used a it of rubbing alcohol on it to pick away some of the red to get a chipped paint effect. It will get some axle grease afterwards.

P8121538-vi.jpg

P8091524-vi.jpg

P8121534-vi.jpg

Edited by RyanSilva