Model Cars Magazine Forum

How many BUILT models do you own?

Many of us have substantial unbuilt kit collections, as well as big extra parts boxes and such, but I was wondering how many built/completed kits do you have?

This may come as a surprise to some, but I actually have less than 10 finished projects in my entire collection right now. Reason being, is that I tend to sell off most of my work.

How about you guys? Do you have big display cases/curio cabinets filled with endless numbers of builts, or are you like me and sell stuff off and have a relatively low builtup count?

Guest old man

i have 12 built & 75 kit's & lot of part's just for kit bashing. i sale sum mine off to just so i can buy more of what i am looking for

:unsure::lol:

I left 50 built police cars at the St Louis Police Academy Library when I retired.

I have 16 built cars, 9 tanks, two airplanes, 12 120mm military figures, and 4 1/9 scale busts at the house.

I'm currently working on 3 tanks, and another 120mm fig.

G

Guest Johnny

Wow J that is a good question! I have about 20 in cases around the house but cannot remember how mmany are finished and in cases in the three big boxes in the closet! I haven't even looked at then in almost 20 years now.They all were out on display when we were in southern IL. Every where we lived since didn't have the space.

Then there are finished kits in their boxes waiting for cases!

I stilldon't have a count on unstrated and unfinished kits!blink.gif

What exactly is a 'built' model?

lmao,shouldnt really say I know what you mean as I have about 150 completed in the lounge cabinets, but there is about 15 unfinished that are two or more years old. Around 200 + unbuilts at a guess.

What exactly is a 'built' model?

Exactly.

I have about 7 built on display, 20 that were built and distoryed in a move sitting in a box, 3 that were sold and ended up in a museum, 10 started and about 450 unbuilt kits, and I am averaging about 1 build in 1 1/2 years over the past 5 years or so.

The math isn't working out unless I live 750 years.

I have four built and on display, two that I've given away and one packed away in a box. Unbuilt, I have six boxed kits and four or five bagged kits I've picked up at swap meets. There is one active WIP and two others that I've stalled on.

I feel like a light-weight here. :unsure:

Mabye a hundred or so built J.......... I build models as support vehicles within my vast collection , now 200 gasoline pumps . Powere to building mo Gas pumps !!!!!!! Ha Ha........ Ed Shaver :unsure:

Holey Cowtips, Ed! 200 pumps! Never knew you were that prolific with them!

I have 13 built here from about 15 years ago and my estimate is about 25 from around 1960 that never survived my move to adulthood. Now that I'm back to being a child, there's about 20 on the workbench and 50 still in the box that, at my present rate, should be finished by my 3rd reincarnation!

I have precisely zero built models. I sell everything I build. When I started building as an adult, only about five years or so ago, I soon realized how quickly built models accumulate. I'm no prolific builder, but before long I had a couple dozen cars that I had to find places for around the house. So I decided to auction them off on eBay. Now that's what I do whenever I finish one; first, I take some photos to document the build then off to the block it goes.

maybe 25 on display...I sell off many of mine too. I love to build but after a while I gert tired of looking at hte same kits so I ebay them off and that gives me pal pal $$ top buy more stuff.

I have maybe 3 models I will never ever part with. One if a 67 Galaxie Albert Wallace sent me to build after I did some painting for him...

One is a Pantera painted Pantera Orange...My uncle owned one just like it when I was a kid

the last is as Bandai 1.20 Fiat X 1/9 thats done up just like my first car.