Model Cars Magazine Forum

2005 Ford GT DONE!!!

MonoPed

Y'all ain't gonna believe this, but the one-legged modeller has actually finished a model!! It's the Polar Lights pre-painted kit, but it's been stripped and repainted with Tamiya paints throughout. The body is TS-50 Racing Blue, the stripes are TS-26 Pure White (the decals just don't work), topped with TS-13 clear. All detail painting was done with Tamiya acrylics. Mods include a set of Tamiya wheels with Pagasus tires up front and Pegasus 23" stepped aluminum sleeves and tires out back, parts box brake rotors and calipers, and polished aluminum exhaust tips. Aside from the totally wrong engine, it's actually a pretty decent kit. So, here it is:

05fordgt-1.jpg

05fordgt-2.jpg

05fordgt-3.jpg

05fordgt-4.jpg

05fordgt-5.jpg

05fordgt-6.jpg

05fordgt-7.jpg

05fordgt-8.jpg

05fordgt-9.jpg

Thanx guys!!

The paintjob fought me all the way, but once I got the stripes on it, everything sorta fell into place. The color is way cool, but the camera won't capture all of the tones or the flake in it. I'll try to get some outdoor pics.

From what Tamiya kit did You get the wheels

Those wheels have been kicking around the parts box for a few years, Not sure which kit they came from...

• 6 months later...