Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 Dodge Hemi Charger SE

mrmike

This is my '69 Charger SE painted with MCW Bronze Fire Metallic, 426 Street Hemi, Torqueflite 727 auto trans from Competition Resins, auto shifter console and shift lever from Missing Link Resin, wheel covers from Revell '68 Dart GSS. Enjoy!

SE72.jpg

SE73.jpg

SE74.jpg

SE75.jpg

SE76.jpg

SE77.jpg

Thank you everyone! This one sat on my bench since the end of April and I picked away at it whenever I could. I took my time, tried a couple of new things, and here is the end result, one of my best builds!

lookin' good, I have a picture of this exact same Charger from a calendar I bought years back ;)

Michelle, is this the car you are referring to?

1969DodgeChargerSE.jpg

This is the same photo that was on the 2008 Mopar calendar that my friend had sent me. I just had to build that car!

Thanks guys!

I have a question about the Revell 69 Charger kit.

Does it only come with a manual shifter/transmission combination?

Yes it does. The '69 Charger kit has a 440 4bbl. with 4 speed trans, shifter and console. For my build, I got the auto shifter, shifter plate and console from Missing Link Resin and I was told that it was the last one he had. The Hemi came from my parts box.

Great build! My father-in-law had a '70 in this color scheme but his had white interior, I later repainted it in a close Light Caramel Dupont Imron, wish I had bought it from the Mother-in-law when he passed on. It was a low mile 383 version. Brings back many memories, it was what the wife learned to drive in.

Thank you everyone! This one sat on my bench since the end of April and I picked away at it whenever I could. I took my time, tried a couple of new things, and here is the end result, one of my best builds!

Michelle, is this the car you are referring to?

1969DodgeChargerSE.jpg

This is the same photo that was on the 2008 Mopar calendar that my friend had sent me. I just had to build that car!

yep it sure is! I have the same calendar lol. It's also been used in numerous Mopar books and magazines, as well as even on "Classic Mopar Muscle" stickers that somebody made and was selling on eBay a few years ago.

Man thats hot! Nice job. Which kit is it?

...luggage rack?

**edit**

lol, I just found your workbench thread, Pro Modeler and TS-19 blue. :wacko:

Mike, I did not have a WIP build on this Charger on this forum. The one you found was for my '69 Charger Daytona. And there is no luggage rack on the 1:1 so there none on my model. I used the Revell '69 Charger R/T kit for this build.

Edited by mrmike