Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fast and Furious Trucks

• 3 months later...

Alan just finished my wheels. Now I will FINALLY be able to complete this build. B) He machined a new set based on the design of the wheels I sent him so the wheels are much better. Hopefully he will be able to finish the casting soon so I can get these trucks completed. Here are the pics of the wheels.

100_2114.jpg

100_2113.jpg

100_2112.jpg

STewart

• 2 weeks later...

I am completing the rear suspension and then this truck will be basically done. I assembled PE disc brakes and wired them. I am not quite sure but I think the wheels might be a little small??? Now I have the hard part of assembling the rear suspension. I made all the measurements and things, now I just have to hope it all lines up. :lol:

STewart

DSCN4205.jpg

DSCN4204.jpg

DSCN4202.jpg

Edited by stewart

ME LIKEY, ME REALLY LIKEY!!! :D:D:D Are those a set of his one ton tires on them, too?

Matt - those are the Desert Dueller & Mud Dueller tires which are a little wider than the 1 Ton tires.

Stewart - Thanks for the kind words!! Great job :lol: .........like the details :o ......can't wait to see it done!!

Matt - those are the Desert Dueller & Mud Dueller tires which are a little wider than the 1 Ton tires.

Thanks for the info Alan, and I can guarantee you'll be hearing from me soon! I just picked the set of wheels Stewart had you send me up at the post office yesterday and I WANT MORE!! :D They are great, top notch work!

Thanks alan. I am working hard at it and should be able to get a lot done in the next two weeks. Next week is finals week but I only have one hard final and one easy one and the hard one is on Monday. The week after next is spring break so I will be able to get a lot done. Have to go study some more math now LOL.

STewart :D

I have started final assembly of the chassis. I placed the front suspension setup in. It is from a Saleen Speedster. I might have to lower it a little bit though. I am running into some "fit" issues. I have the rear axle, and front suspension in place and the chassis does not sit level. But I found out that the back half of my frame is not level so that is a fairly easy fix. I think I am going to shorten the back half too as it looks slightly long. Also, I need to lower the middle axle as the rear wheels dont touch the ground when it is in place. I am not happy with the fit of the cab either. I need to lower the nose but the air cleaners are too tall. So I will probably shorten the manifold. Here are some pics. I just mocked up the rear deck.

Profile of Model

DSCN4224.jpg

Profile of truck

fe_823_717.jpg

DSCN4223.jpg

DSCN4222.jpg

DSCN4221.jpg

DSCN4219.jpg

DSCN4215.jpg

DSCN4214.jpg

STewart

• 2 months later...