Model Cars Magazine Forum

Wrought Iron VW...

Brizio

Also this fun project is done... :)

From the Revell kit I used chassis, wheels and tires, engine and other minor stuff. The steering wheels is from a 1/32 Impala (IIRC).

The front hood is not attached to the body, so it can stay open or stay closed, the stick that keep it open it is attached to the body. The rear hood has some micro hinge, that I tested on the Screamliner 359, but the stick that keep it open its a piece a part.

Some pics...

28033334.jpg

95688733.jpg

15821334.jpg

24569958.jpg

61250083.jpg

64023349.jpg

33485180.jpg

47047372.jpg

Thank you for looking! :)

Briz, this car ACTUALLY EXISTS!!! In McAllen/Edinburg Texas, there's a guy who built it back in 90/91 to advertise his wrought iron fence buisness. It looks EXACTLY like THAT, It's even the SAME color!! He has a windsheild in it, but that's the only glass in it. It runs, the doors, hood and trunk lid all function, and it's pretty cool to see it rollin down the street. I last saw it in 94 when we moved my parents back to Michigan, but it sure is cool!laugh.giftongue.gifwink.gif

Thanks guy! :blink:

Briz, this car ACTUALLY EXISTS!!! In McAllen/Edinburg Texas, there's a guy who built it back in 90/91 to advertise his wrought iron fence buisness. It looks EXACTLY like THAT, It's even the SAME color!! He has a windsheild in it, but that's the only glass in it. It runs, the doors, hood and trunk lid all function, and it's pretty cool to see it rollin down the street. I last saw it in 94 when we moved my parents back to Michigan, but it sure is cool!laugh.giftongue.gifwink.gif

Yes I know, actually there are more than one of those wrought iron VW... :) Before start this model I found some pics of wrought VWs, mostly are white, but there are some yellow and they told me also in green. :)

I think in a white yellowish color looks better. :)

Ok, I don't get it!?! :)

I'm not saying that I don't like it. I do, & I find it interesting, but I don't understand the idea or concept behind it.

Whatever it is, or is meant to be, it's very cool! :)

:)

What I think, is mostly an "artistic" way. Or like George 53 wrote about the one in TX, that made it to advertise his wrought iron fence business.

I though it could be a nice model to try to 'replicate' it in a small scale. I was planning to be done with it in only a week, but it toke me almost two weeks... But It was fun the same... :blink:

Edited by Brizio

Guest Johnny

I was working for a VW repair shop back then and one of parts suppliers sent us pictures of one of the wrought iron VW Bugs tht was at their business and also included it on their calandar!cool.gif