Model Cars Magazine Forum

hey all im patti-dawn, im new to the board. i am blakes wife and i like cars and im just getting into building them. i dont think there is a type that i am really into building but i like mopars forsure. i joined this site due to the hubby telling me to join if i really wanna meet people who know there stuff so here i am.

Edited by moparfanswife

Well, welcome to the club, I'm Jim, I'm kinda new myself but registered last year though on here and just started to post recently (about a month go or alittle over) for the first time kinda. Your hubby was right, there are alot of nice people on here and with info on building things and knows alot of tricks and tips. I myself know alot of them to B) .

Edited by m0parman

welcome aboard, it's nice to have another female modeler (I don't think I was the only one, but hey lol). I too am crazy into Mopars, thus my name. I hope you enjoy your stay, and I'm looking forward to seeing your work! B)

~ Michelle

thxs it is nice to know im not the only female into model building. im still working on the same one for the last couple months but only because its my first one and trying to do the best i can

thxs it is nice to know im not the only female into model building. im still working on the same one for the last couple months but only because its my first one and trying to do the best i can

no worries, nobody starts off as a pro B) Build your cars to suit you, as long as you are happy with them, that is what counts. :lol:

Welcome to the forum and I have to envy your hubby having a building partner right in the house. Or, maybe I don't .. "that's MY can of gloss black!" :lol:

Enjoy your stay and love to see anything you do. As said above, just build for yourself and enjoy it.

Welcome aboard. I am also a fairly new member, several months anyway.

I just got back into modeling after a very long absence and I am amazed at the quality of building models contained on this site.

But don't worry there all nice people and more than willing to help.

Welcome aboard! I don't post here much but I lurk constantly. There are some real craftsmen and artisans here. It's very cool to get a woman's perspective on model cars. I can show my daughters what the "girls" can do.:P. I plan on giving them each a kit to paint I'm sure it will be pink and have My Little Pony's all over it. :lol:

Welcome to the forum and I have to envy your hubby having a building partner right in the house. Or, maybe I don't .. "that's MY can of gloss black!" :wacko:

Enjoy your stay and love to see anything you do. As said above, just build for yourself and enjoy it.

the only things we share is the tools really i bought my own can of spray paint for the color of my first car but other then that as long as i dont break anything of his then things are good...lol but its nice to have him around when im stuck and wanna bounce some ideas of him

Hey Patti-Dawn,

Just wanted to say welcome as well, a great place to visit, you will have a blast here. Gotta love the Mopars!! Good luck with your first build and post it for us when you are ready. Have fun!!

Mike

thxs. it will be nice to have other people opinions as well as the hubbys as i know he can have different design/color combos then me and other people so this way i can get advice from other people as well.

Welcome aboard! I don't post here much but I lurk constantly. There are some real craftsmen and artisans here. It's very cool to get a woman's perspective on model cars. I can show my daughters what the "girls" can do.:). I plan on giving them each a kit to paint I'm sure it will be pink and have My Little Pony's all over it. :wacko:

i have noticed there is alot of talented people on here as blake has showed me people work on here before and its amazeing what people can do to a model car/truck. ive always been interested in cars/trucks but only got into it recently but im sure ill have fun. i may be a girl but ive always hated pink and plus i always loves playing around with toy cars and stuff like that instead of dolls so im sure that helped me out some as well.