Model Cars Magazine Forum

Love those 60's Dragsters!

jlucky

Well...I commited myself to start building again after about 6-8 years of being dormant while raising my daughter...but I've been hitting it with a vengence and this is my 10th car...but the first to have any detailing. This is my own build based on a dragster I saw at my first race in 1968 at Southwind's Dragway in Saskatoon Saskatchewan. It was Tom Hoover's old car being run by Denny Daraugh but the front panels were gone and I thought it looked kinda neat.

What we have here is the Ivo chassis with a Reliable Resin tail section for the body, Detail Master and MSC braided line and fittings along with Slixx decals. The car is wired and plumbed with throttle linkage and so forth. After not doing this for so long I was really out of practice and I have to admit it was pretty challenging at times. But on the whole I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. For an old guy!

Comments are welcome...Hopefully the next one will be better...and hopefully a little easier.

Thanks

post-3706-12814073101786_thumb.jpg

post-3706-1281407315536_thumb.jpg

post-3706-12814073173225_thumb.jpg

post-3706-12814073193222_thumb.jpg

post-3706-12814073203458_thumb.jpg

post-3706-12814073216049_thumb.jpg

post-3706-12814073230669_thumb.jpg

Hey Jerry,

You should be very proud, your rail looks great, never seen those decals before, but like 'em, lots of us on here love those 60's dragsters, and your looks really great, to an old guy!! :lol: Keep up the good work, look forward to your next car, and thanks for posting. :)

Mike

Looks great, especially being out of the hobby for a number of years. Looks like it was made by a seasoned pro [which you clearly are].

Bigger pictures is my only complaint.

Very nice.

Bob

I agree with Bob, it looks great but we NEED bigger pics to drool over