Model Cars Magazine Forum

I will be down for a while

I will be out of the modeling scene for a long while, not sure how long. But, the soon to be adminastrator of the wifes late step father has agreed on a price for house and contents. We had the legal purchase offer made yesterday with $8,000 down on a $10,000 home. We are shooting for a closeing date of September 1st. The house does need a bunch of work before we move in! Also, besides house work, I also will be obtaining a 1:1 project I will be spending my money and time on. here are some pictures. In the interum, I will be watching every one elses great projects and dreaming! LOL. Thanks.

To show where my priorities sit, heres the important one to me first. HEHEHEHE. The I believe 1962 triumph TR3(B).

HPIM2549.jpg

What I ill be shooting towards!

TR3-HARDTOP-1-.jpg

Now for my domain

HPIM2542.jpg

Now for the house

HPIM2541.jpg

HPIM2558.jpg

I love that house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously.. it's got so much character.. my wife and I v\both love old houses and that one is sonmething that I would love to find! Trouble is here in our area, property is so pricey that an old home like that would be destroyed to make room for some developers monstrosity. The old house will need some work for sure but man - with some paint and some touch up on the outside - it'll be something not only unique but beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations - I am VERY happy for you! :blink::):)

P.S. Did you mean that you are paying $10,000 for the house? :blink: You don't want to know what you would pay for that in this area where I live. Let's just say that $10,000 wouldn't fund the down payment. B):D

Edited by impcon

Now that is a fixer-upper! What is the appraised value? I think you can borrow up to 80% of that, which could come in handy for home repairs. You have your work cut out for you. Home repair could be considered a hobby by itself.

Two words for your near future... "Paint Party!" B):D

The apprasel is what we are paying for it. The house had cought fire many years ago and has been stripped inside. Very little has been done to it since other then some new floors, new sub roof and shingles. New insulation. Estimate is $1,500 in drywall alo0ne pluse tape, screws and paint. Fun fun fun. Much other work as well. Yes, the car does appear to be rust free! Long term project there as I plan a frame up resto done by myself. All but motor. That Ill let a pro rebuild! The barn is beckoning for a real paint booth so I can do cars and tractors and bikes and custom wood working and cabinetry! Slow but sure though! Teres 8 vehicles and two boats. Many will go down the road to helpn fund fixing up the house! Chuck, you are right. Modeling will when possible, be fit in still. I love it too much to give up! HEHEHE.

Jody, My dad's side of the family had a really old and big farm house and a huge acreage, that I wish I could have gotten into, however I was about 9 or so when they sold it. so long story short, my wife and I love these kind of houses!!! I hope you get it done the way you want it and I hope it doesn't cost much.