Model Cars Magazine Forum

RESIN BRONCO

If anyone has any info, or the actual body, of the Bronco, in stock form resin kit, please let me know ASAP.

I am not talking about the modified, altered wheelbase version, but the stock 60-70's Resin Bronco.

This is a serious legal issue, and your help will be greatly appreciated.

If anyone has any info, or the actual body, of the Bronco, in stock form resin kit, please let me know ASAP.

I am not talking about the modified, altered wheelbase version, but the stock 60-70's Resin Bronco.

I think it is the same one as the other companys that made it back in the late 90's Cheeze cast was the company as mentioned

:lol::rolleyes: ?

Do I want to know what's going on?

Morbid curiosity is getting the better of me....

Charlie Larkin

Yes, what's up? Anything new?

I have heard from a "reliable source" that AFX cast theirs off a Cheez Cast body after they closed up shop. The source said that he thought the original molds were never sold to anybody.

I am pretty sure that the Cheez Cast Bronco is a exactly like all the other resin Early Broncos: cast from the Gay Toys plastic toy already mentioned. The only difference is that the kit contained more than just the body, also had some basic suspension parts. Most of the resin ones made since then are a simple (and often crummy) pull of the body and interior only.

More info

A resin EB is pretty easily found on ebay right now. Have not seen it in person so cannot vouch for the quality.

John

Edited by coopdad

Yes, what's up? Anything new?

I have heard from a "reliable source" that AFX cast theirs off a Cheez Cast body after they closed up shop. The source said that he thought the original molds were never sold to anybody.

I am pretty sure that the Cheez Cast Bronco is a exactly like all the other resin Early Broncos: cast from the Gay Toys plastic toy already mentioned. The only difference is that the kit contained more than just the body, also had some basic suspension parts. Most of the resin ones made since then are a simple (and often crummy) pull of the body and interior only.

More info

A resin EB is pretty easily found on ebay right now. Have not seen it in person so cannot vouch for the quality.

John

I checked my stash and I have the Bronco that you show in the 3rd picture sitting on top of a box labeled Cheez Cast. I got this kit off ebay.It came in a plain brown box,but does have the full cab and all the parts shown.

• 2 weeks later...

If you would be willing to send/sell me the Resin Bronco, I would appreciate it.

Long story short, I own outright the molds and masters to the Cheez-Cast Bronco (two versions)

Yet, due to some issues I will not get into, they were never delivered to me.

Yes, it is a legal matter right now, and I will not let it go.

I have full documentation on this, including the Complaint that is to be filed (receipts, cashier's check, certified letters, etc.)

So, if anyone wants to help out in getting this project back on it's feet, I would be very very happy.

Mahalo