Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

AMT Hood Interchange Question

3 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I have the majority of parts and pieces of an original AMT 1964 Pontiac Grand Prix awaiting restoration. This hodgepodge does NOT include a hood, and I was wondering if an orignal AMT 1964 Pontiac Bonneville hood would work in its absence. I realize that The Modelhaus does offer this piece in resin, but if I had a choice, I'd prefer prehistoric AMT styrene. Any information would be greatly appreciated!!!

Posted · Report post

I have the majority of parts and pieces of an original AMT 1964 Pontiac Grand Prix awaiting restoration. This hodgepodge does NOT include a hood, and I was wondering if an orignal AMT 1964 Pontiac Bonneville hood would work in its absence. I realize that The Modelhaus does offer this piece in resin, but if I had a choice, I'd prefer prehistoric AMT styrene. Any information would be greatly appreciated!!!

Yes Kirt they will interchange you should have no problems. I have swap parts between the 64 GP and Bonneville a few times.

Posted · Report post

Thanks for your information and for taking the time and effort to respond, Gene. I certaily do appreciate you sharing your knowledge!!! :o:rolleyes:B)