Model Cars Magazine Forum

Quinton-Joehnck '32 Ford 3-Window Coupe

curt raitz

After seeing this car in the June 2010 "Rod and Custom Magazine" I had to build a model of it.

This car was originally built in 1951 by Bob Joehnck for owner and driver Jack Quinton, who raced the car from 1951 - 1962.

It set several records at El Mirage and Bonneville, and could be seen on the drag strips in Ponoma, Santa Ana and Santa Maria.

The restoration is roughly based on the 1954 variation of the race car.

hope you enjoy the results:

QJ32Ford_ge-vi.jpg

QJ32Ford_gd-vi.jpg

QJ32Ford_gc-vi.jpg

QJ32Ford_ga-vi.jpg

QJ32Ford_gf1-vi.jpg

QJ32Ford_gi1-vi.jpg

QJ32Ford_gn-vi.jpg

QJ32Ford_gm-vi.jpg

QJ32Ford_gl-vi.jpg

QJ32Ford_gk-vi.jpg

Thanx for lookin'...B)

Wow, you did an awesome job of capturing the beauty of this car in scale. That flathead looks serious with 4-2's lined up across it! I think most impressive (for me anyhow) is the interior details. From the perforated door panels, to the roll bar and that perfectly replicated seat.

I've been able to stand next to the real car and it is truely one of the coolest Deuce 3-Windows I've seen. Rudy's restoration is probably 10x cleaner than the car ever was back in "the day".

Guest snapper

Yes, Curt, this is really nice. I remember looking at this in the magazine too. I really like the vibrant blue, and the detailing on the carbs is top notch.

Edited by snapper