Model Cars Magazine Forum

S2000

Cesar Bossolani

wow, i really like this! looks so clean, awsome job! im building the type-v version with the optional hardtop and mugen rims, but i messed up the body(sorta fixed) and i messed up the front end(suspension), when i glued the front end together, i must have done something wrong cause i have some extreme amount of negative camber in the front wheels, but it worked out just fine with that cause i am turning it into a drift car, so yeah, lol. great job on the s2000, keep up the superb work!

EDIT: please tell me how the hell you glued in the rear clear tail light covers on? i have tried almost everything and the glue will melt and smear the paint before i can put the cover on. thank you.

Edited by B_rad88

Thanks Brandon!! Did you used white glue?? Its the best option. I'd used Testors and I'm really don't like. White glue is better.

whale392 thanks!!! I was think about some gloss in hood, maybe looks better. But it is finished now. Its a trick for a next time!!!

nails3825 thanks!!! LOL Amazing words!!!

Thanks guys for feedback!!!

Cesar

I must be honest.

When I look at the models listed under glass I am always looking for a mistake or an opps.

When I look at mine they are always evident to me and yet I see NONE on this build.

Great job, great looking model.

Thanks Brandon!! Did you used white glue?? Its the best option. I'd used Testors and I'm really don't like. White glue is better.

whale392 thanks!!! I was think about some gloss in hood, maybe looks better. But it is finished now. Its a trick for a next time!!!

nails3825 thanks!!! LOL Amazing words!!!

Thanks guys for feedback!!!

Cesar

Hey Cesar, no prob, no i used testor's tube glue in the blue tube, and i also used clear epoxy, both gave me problems. i have used white glue on other projects before and it didn't dry clear, it still had a milkiness to it

What color and brand is the interior color?

An excellent build Cesar! Great detailing! What color is it?

well if you looked in the WIP thread it says it, but here it is

This is my fast job in a S2000. Except the rims is OOB. I did a little modification in front and rear arms to lowered the car. The color is Evolution Orange, coated with Uretane High Solid clear. Tamiya Z-tune wheels and tires. Turned shifter, acetate in dashboard, seatbelt hardware from Mr. Model, House of Kolor Kosmic Krome in rear end, Shocks, exaust system, brakes, etc...
Edited by B_rad88

Thanks guys!!!

Don, I must be honest now... I never read word like yours in my other builded before. Thank you so much bro!!!

Thanks Dave!!! The car stood out over others in my glass display. I was wanting something different and got what I wanted. Was not my best car but now it is my passion!!! LOL

Rickey Tamiya Tan... thanks!!

Brandon I don't know US white glue brands, but I was read in somewhere about Elmer's glue... You do make some tests... white glue cure in 20 hours or less... after dry you could clear out excess with a toothpick.

Super Mopar builder Mike!!! How are you bro?? Evolution Orange (I can remember from which car) w/ matt clear acrylic

Thanks for cool words!!!

Cesar

Thanks guys!!!

Don, I must be honest now... I never read word like yours in my other builded before. Thank you so much bro!!!

Thanks Dave!!! The car stood out over others in my glass display. I was wanting something different and got what I wanted. Was not my best car but now it is my passion!!! LOL

Rickey Tamiya Tan... thanks!!

Brandon I don't know US white glue brands, but I was read in somewhere about Elmer's glue... You do make some tests... white glue cure in 20 hours or less... after dry you could clear out excess with a toothpick.

Super Mopar builder Mike!!! How are you bro?? Evolution Orange (I can remember from which car) w/ matt clear acrylic

Thanks for cool words!!!

Cesar

yes elmer's, and ok, i'll give it a try again, its one of the main reasons i haven't finished my s2000, and whats sad is that and the decals i need to finish and then its done! but yeah, i don't think i have posted my s2000 up on here at all, i do know i have showned alot of ppl, but not posted it up. i guess i'll get to that then.

edit: its now up: My Honda S2000 type-V drift car

thank you very much,

Brandon

Edited by B_rad88

cool looking car and very unique color treatment!

about this:

>EDIT: please tell me how the hell you glued in the rear clear tail light covers on? i have tried almost everything and the glue will

>melt and smear the paint before i can put the cover on. thank you.

like mentioned you can use elmers or other white glues, but i usually dont use them straight...i dilute it about 20% with some water in a dish and it will flow a lot better around the lense.

but really my favorite is future floor wax (now called something else, something with future shine or similar corporate-speak). put the lense in place and then brush some future over the lense, using some extra to flow down into the cracks between the lense and adjacent areas. let it dry for 20 minutes or so and it wont go anywhere without some real persuasion.

nice to see the honda...i love them in real life and got one on my shelf for a build...yours will serve as a guiding star!

cool looking car and very unique color treatment!

about this:

>EDIT: please tell me how the hell you glued in the rear clear tail light covers on? i have tried almost everything and the glue will

>melt and smear the paint before i can put the cover on. thank you.

like mentioned you can use elmers or other white glues, but i usually dont use them straight...i dilute it about 20% with some water in a dish and it will flow a lot better around the lense.

but really my favorite is future floor wax (now called something else, something with future shine or similar corporate-speak). put the lense in place and then brush some future over the lense, using some extra to flow down into the cracks between the lense and adjacent areas. let it dry for 20 minutes or so and it wont go anywhere without some real persuasion.

nice to see the honda...i love them in real life and got one on my shelf for a build...yours will serve as a guiding star!

ok, thank you jbwelda, and future floor wax? i've heard of this stuff, but never seen it or used it........ and plus i can't get any right now, so its out of the question................... for now. im going to retry the elmers again, and dilute it down.......hum........ gotta try that...... thank you for the tip! have a good one, and i want to see more updates on that jag TWR race carwink.gif , lol