Model Cars Magazine Forum

I was reading Mark Melchiori's reveiw in last Decs issue of Scale Auto and some of the problems he had so I'm thinking of maybe replacing the oil lines with detail Master braided lines I will definetly post up more pics as I go along.

I did too and he may have had a short deadline to review the kit but that was no big problem. Neither was the front brake ducts as he described.

If you want real braided line and fittings by all means go for it. Did the Mann car have them? I have no detail reference for it.

On page 2, post #27 of this thread I describe how I solved the woven line issue. It's simple, requiring only patience. It looks fine painted flat black and would probably look good done in silver. In fact, I had line left over. Somewhere in here I describe putting cotton or wire in the ducts to keep their shape. The above advice about test fitting and corrections is something I wish I knew before hand.

I've seen a build with the KA seat vents and felt they are too large for scale. I was pleased with just silver acrylic paint on the molded ones on the seats. A little drybrushing with blacks and grays and the seats look much better than all the complaints I read. Also the KA seats seemed to me like the car was in a roll over-the originals were built on slings and were much more firm and supportive than that.

Surely post your preferences, solutions and progress-mine are not the only solutions. In fact, I may have another one of these in me to build...

Edited by Cato

• 4 weeks later...

i copied every word of this to help me when I start mine. I build so it looks good to me and I don't worry about every tiny little detail so I am sure it will be fun

Thanks for all the information!!!!!!!!!!

Dwayne J

That's very nice to hear Dwayne and I appreciate you picking-up my old thread. Glad something I did helped someone and glad you're doing a GT.

Anytime you have a question post in a thread or PM me if you like. I'd sure try to help you find a solution. The key is researching what the 1:1's looked like and pick the features you want on yours.

Be sure to post your plan and progress.