Model Cars Magazine Forum

Finished --> Lindberg '32 Ford Pickup

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2022 at 9:22 PM, ea0863 said:

I am trying my hand at this model and love the tire and rim combo you chose. Do you happen to remember what they were?

This thread is almost 15 years old, but I think Matt is still kinda active around here.

Let me tag him for you so he actually knows you're looking for him.

Paging Mister Trotta @Matt T. Mr. Trotta to the white courtesy phone please

Man, it's great to see this little truck again!

• Like 1

“14 years later…”  LOL

Thanks for the heads-up, Craig. How time flies. Yes, I’m still here and the pickup is still sitting pretty under glass. Thanks for the comments, guys. I really enjoyed this build. I think I used AMT ‘49 Ford chromed steelies and Modelhaus tires. 
Neat old Lindberg kit…

Thanks to Matt and his inspiration, I tried my own hand at the Lindberg 32 Ford Street Pickup. It is a much more amateurish attempt on my part, but I was very pleased with the result. I'm sharing pics as a thank you to him and in case anyone else gets the bug to try this model. It is a good basic one, albeit lacking some detail. The major changes are as follows: 1) dropped the stock spindle 4", 2) used different sized tires front and rear, 3) rims from a Revell 29 Model A Roadster 2'n'1 kit, 4) removed bumpers and gas tank20220210_153921.thumb.jpg.ac705acee4ecd299c5f2dc5b1b3d98d9.jpg, 5) drilled out intake and exhaust tips, 6) relocated head and tail lights, 7) added radiator supports, 8 ) turned firewall smooth side out, 9) and possibly the best tip of all that I got from this site - used Tamiya Panel Line Accent color (black) on most chrome parts to knock down the shine and make it look more realistic.

20220210_153801.jpg

20220210_153813.jpg

20220210_153856.jpg

20220210_153907.jpg

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, ea0863 said:

I tried my own hand at the Lindberg 32 Ford Street Pickup.

You need to make a new thread for this one so more people will see it. You did a great job on it. Amazing how good simple kits can look with some imagination and a skilled builder.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...