Model Cars Magazine Forum

'57 chevy pro gasser...

Jeff,

Your build might be a Pro Mod, but it definately isn't a "gasser."

Looks good so far Jeff. The profile is spot on. I look forward to seeing more progress on this one soon. There is a circuit that runs primarily on the West Coast nostalgia racing circuit called the AA Gassers. Most of their entries resemble pro mods, although not as radical and not as quick. They run about a second off the pace of the pro mod cars. They are mainly powered by blown engines but your configuration would fit in just fine, so your title still works.

Looks good so far Jeff. The profile is spot on. I look forward to seeing more progress on this one soon. There is a circuit that runs primarily on the West Coast nostalgia racing circuit called the AA Gassers. Most of their entries resemble pro mods, although not as radical and not as quick. They run about a second off the pace of the pro mod cars. They are mainly powered by blown engines but your configuration would fit in just fine, so your title still works.

Thanks Wayne...I had heard there was a gasser class that had cars that looked similar to the pro-mods, but they wern't quite as fast...I wasn't aware of the proper term, but that must be the "AA gassers" you refer to.

That AA class is pretty cool. Those cars have the same low slung stances, and lots of cool nolstalgic bodies, but some don't have the big pro mod style rear wings...I also saw some of those cars with hilborn style injector tubes instead of the typical blown applications seen with pro mods.

The '57 I'm doing here sort of represents one of those pro mod look-alikes, but without the wing and blown engine....I appreciate the info. I'll have to go and really check out that AA class of racing a little closer. There's alot of neat stuff in that division.

Edited by J. Sauber

Guest snapper

I like what's popping out of the hood there. I'm sure you will go with a different color, but that yellow, even though it's the mold, sure is catching.

Nice start Jeff. The Hilborn injection will give your '57 a different look than we usually see. If it's half as good as the Hilborn setup on your Vette, this will be a smoking hot build.

Thanks, Yeah, I'm kinda tired of doing the blown cars...I just did a big blower set up on the Christine Plymouth, so for this one I wanted to keep the pro mod style look, but go with a more nolstalgic engine application using the old hilborn injector tubes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just thought I'd share this little project......There's not much to see yet, but I have done a little modifying with an old "soff seal" body and an old funny car body to create my own look...Here's what I have thrown together so far.....

DSC00006.jpg

More pics more pics!!!!!!!! :P;)B)