Model Cars Magazine Forum

'62 ford galaxy

Jeff Sauber

very cool looking so far Jeff ;) how was the fit of the Thunderbolt bumper? easy or it took some work?

Dave

The chrome plating on the '62 bumper was in terrible condition, so I carefully cut away the lower bumper from the grill and used the thunderbolt bumper instead.

The thunderbolt bumper is a bit more narrow and I had to tweek the fenders and stretch the sides of the bumper and trim things in a bit, but it all fit pretty well in the end..I had to scratchbuild a filler panel that goes between the lower grill and the inner bumper that will be painted body color. I had to do that in order to line things up and get acceptable spacing between the grill and bumper.

It sounds like alot of work, but it really wasn't..Just some tweeking and adjusting till things lined up and looked good. Now I have to figure what to do with the rest of the project. Not sure about the motor and interior options..

I may use a more modern type of engine like a 4.6 mod motor or something along those lines...

Edited by J. Sauber

Get rid of the vent windows. A much cleaner look without them. Love the wheels. ;)

I had thought about doing that.. The windsheild has deep scratches where the vent windows are, so perhaps I'll just cut off the sides of the "glass" and eliminate the vent windows..

How about the supercharged 5.4 liter engine out of the GT500KR kit by Revell ?

Yeah, that may be a great option as well...I think it would all fit under the hood...There's alot of room in this engine bay..I just can't go very high though..The hood clearance is fairly shallow..

Guest Johnny

Looks good so far.

May I suggest rounding the top edges on the tear drop a bit. It is a little too square and flat looking on top! Doesn't flow with the natural roundness of the 62's design!

The best I found was the scoop from the 66 Galaxie kit! The old 68 Shelby kit also used to have one that was reallt good!