Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT dirt hauler

somewips004.jpg

AMT dirt hauler AMT's first truck kit very basic.This is going to be box stock just waiting for decals and some more detail painting.

somewips011.jpg

North american van lines moving truck Amts second truck kit. Again this will be box stock.

somewips006.jpg

somewips008.jpg

This is the same truck with a custom grille and some GMP wheels it won't be detailed pretty much a slammer.

somewips014.jpg

somewips015.jpg

somewips016.jpg

somewips017.jpg

somewips019.jpg

again same truck being built as a three car race transporter .A little more detail will go into this one .

comments and criticism welcomed. Also any questions feel free.

Edited by randx0

Come on, Randy. How many builds do you have going on? I like the look of that truck with the custom grille and GMP wheels. What is it?

B) I have tons of builds. these are all the same kit . I Like that one too,it is what I had envisioned when I bought my first one . the grille is from an aurora grille pak.

models031.jpg

newone003.jpg

• 6 years later...

The more I look at the two above trucks, the more curious I become. Beside scale, what is history of these kits? When did they come out? They look like they be Japanese kits put into AMT boxes. And what's the purpose of looks like a speaker grille on the bottom of the moving van trailer? I've been building model for over 50 years. And I've never seen these kits before. Where did they come from?

A reviews of both of these kits would be very interesting. Interesting looking trucks.