Model Cars Magazine Forum

Peterbilt 359 Aftermarket Hoods

I am planning a build of a 1971 little window Peterbilt 359. It has an extended hood and a clatterpillar 1693TA. My question is does anyone manufacture a good quality extended hood with the underhood details. I have a resin extended hood which seems more like a generic one. I was after something more accurate from around 1971?

As for the engine I have to have athink about that. But may scratch build one if I can get enough details.

Many Thanks in advance

Dave

I checked with Eric. He does not have a factory extended hood for a 359 but has the custom one. So it looks like I will be having a go at building my own. Regarding the clatterpillar engine I will get hold of some shop manuals for reference and scratch build the 1693TA. In both cases I need two of the hoods and engines for two builds I am planning. The AMT little window Pete's will be the base kits.

Project No 1:

What a superb looking truck!!!

Project No 2:

A truck recently advertised for sale on Courtland Truck Works Web Site:

http://www.courtlandtruckworks.com/detail.php?id=143

When I get my Freightshaker finished and have all parts together for the Pete's I will start a new topic.

Thanks

Dave

Edited by Old Albion