Model Cars Magazine Forum

SE Streetrod Nats

Jantrix

The SE Streetrod Nats are coming to the Tampa fairgrounds Oct 8-10. The local MAGS club usually puts on a model contest during that weekend. Anyone planning on attending? I'm gonna have to get a hold of one the MAGS members and get the specifics.

not that i'm aware of. there's not a mention of it on their site. i'll see if i can find out some info tomorrow (sunday).

if i succeed, i'll gladly forward the info here

I spoke to Dave Knight and another fella from MAGS at Jaxcon this past January and they both said that no one really updates or checks that website or any email that comes from it. They had some flyers at the front tables, but heck if I can find them.

The specifics from years past have been a three day show. Registration ends on Saturday afternoon. You will have to pay entry into the 1:1 car show, plus parking at the fairgrounds facility. In years past the entry into the model contest has been free. If I remember my conversation with David and Pat Parnell from the Jax show earlier in the year they are planning on charging to enter the model contest this year to help offset some costs that the NSRA group is no longer covering. Don't quote me on this as I could have been mistaken. It is a bit of a costly endeavor for a model show but think of what you get for what you are paying for. I also believe that they give out a free pass for contest participants to get back into the car show on Sunday without having to pay a second time.

Edited by 1320wayne

23rd Annual Southeast Nationals

Sat, 10/09/2010 - Sun, 10/10/2010

Florida State Fairgrounds

Exit 6&7--- (I-4)

Tampa, FL 33601

Registration, Saturday 9am-4pm; Awards, Sunday 2pm

Admission Fees:

State Fairgrounds Parking $5, Show $14, Model Contest $7 (unlimited entries)

Juniors FREE Entrants to model contest will receive gate pass to re enter fairgrounds on Sunday. ONE PASS PER MODELER!!

16 Classes, Master Awards, Specialty Awards THEME: "Vipers & Vettes"

Contact Information

David Knight (727) 443-4709

Pat Parnell (813) 597-3642

• 1 month later...

Can't make it - I have a meeting to attend.

It would have been a great place to advertise the attempt to get a model car club going in Central Florida.

hey jim

here some florida boys!!!

iam with!!!! nonamemodelclub@yahoogroups.com