Model Cars Magazine Forum

Well i decieded i was gonna go ahead and add another steer axel to the project so while im waitin on supplys I figured I'd try to get the wrecker body done. I added side pieces to build up the sides and make it look a lil closer to the truck I was modeling it after. In the process I fixed any pits or dents or just bad sctrach building LOL! Its in primer now but I still have few small things to do before I can put it on the done list.

here I have added the side pieces and putty to fill any gaps....

wreckerbodywork001.jpg

I was also able to complete the compartment just forward of the wheel wells...

wreckerbodywork002.jpg

wreckerbodywork003.jpg

In primer so i can see where I need to work next.....

wreckerbodywork004.jpg

wreckerbodywork005.jpg

wreckerbodywork006.jpg

Please stay tuned for more to come. :lol:

Edited by Aftashox

Hey fellas heres a quick update I cut the doors off the cab and added the sleeper passage to the back of the cab. Once the doors were off I added a small strip of styrene to close up the gap and make em air tight again enjoy.....

cabdoors002.jpg

cabdoors003.jpg

cabdoors004.jpg

cabdoors001.jpg

cabdoors005.jpg

Edited by Aftashox

After I posted yesterday it hit me.

You have more plastic there than in a Las Vegas strip club.

Just sayin'........................ :(

G

While I was reading your post, I got into an allergy triggered sneezing fit, and let me tell you, laughing and sneezing at the same time is interesting. Needless to say, the Kleenex box was diminished appreciably!

Romell, even though I'm not a truck modeler (the last one I built was in the mid 70's for my brother; the AMT "Movin' On" TV show Peterbilt issue,) this is a wild build, and I'm enjoying your scratch building. Looking forward to seeing how you light it up.

After I posted yesterday it hit me.

You have more plastic there than in a Las Vegas strip club.

Just sayin'........................ :lol:

G

While I was reading your post, I got into an allergy triggered sneezing fit, and let me tell you, laughing and sneezing at the same time is interesting. Needless to say, the Kleenex box was diminished appreciably!

Romell, even though I'm not a truck modeler (the last one I built was in the mid 70's for my brother; the AMT "Movin' On" TV show Peterbilt issue,) this is a wild build, and I'm enjoying your scratch building. Looking forward to seeing how you light it up.

I know exactly what you went thru Jim as I had a allergy triggered sneeze attack right before I made this reply, 20 sneezes in a row is no fun when tryin to have fun reading a funny comment. Thx for the compliments fellas and I think you owe Jim and I a box of Kleenex Wayne :)

Edited by Aftashox

I'm really enjoying watching this come together. You are a very versatile builder... shiny, dingy... supersized... :lol:

Hey thx Rick and youre correct on one point I am a lil dingy for even attempting this build LOL! thx for the compliment bro!

herea a small update fellas I added the door trim to the cab because it wasnt very defined in the resin. I used Evergreen styrene strips to handle this job...

truckandcar001.jpg

truckandcar003.jpg

you probably cant see it but the strip is added here and goes around the door its just a subtle detail

truckandcar004.jpg

heres the cab in primer

truckandcar005.jpg

Edited by Aftashox

Dude, seriously..... This has got to be the sweetest wrecker I have seen done.... Youre a mad man!!!! Sick work bro...

Thx James Im trying I'll just keep chippin away at it until its done again thx for watchin and for the compliments. Romell

What type of fuel tanks do you plan on using?You didn't answer my prior question.!BTW great work on the wrecker!

Im sorry Phillip I sometimes miss questions but i do try to answer them all. I wont be using the long distance tanks like they use in Alaska but I do have a set of aluminum 60mm tanks I'll be using.(pictured below)

truckchassis008.jpg

Edited by Aftashox