Model Cars Magazine Forum

Im really glad you had it to offer thx again. It really fits the build I think, I just wish i had it before I put all that work into the other cab LOL! ;)

I'm just setting here taking a small break from my one project and decided to check out the forum. Bout your issue, isn't that the way it always goes though with stuff? I mean after all the work you put into one thing to make it look good then something else comes along that fits. :)

What you could do is switch the cabs around, use your original cab for on the other project so that way no work was lost really, just switch around.

I'm just setting here taking a small break from my one project and decided to check out the forum. Bout your issue, isn't that the way it always goes though with stuff? I mean after all the work you put into one thing to make it look good then something else comes along that fits. :)

What you could do is switch the cabs around, use your original cab for on the other project so that way no work was lost really, just switch around.

Actually thats the plan my friend, Im gonna use the 1st cab on the truck getting pulled and this way i can have lighting on both rigs. ;)

The new cab looks ok, i guess i am the only one that liked the old set up! The new one looks to , well everyday-factory type, not original. I liked the first set up way better, it looked more custom, more your way i guess. My way also! But either way, good work. Keep it up.

Matt I felt like you need a way to express your feelings on the matter so I went out and found this just for you....019-Drooling-SuperEmoticonscom.gif I hope you enjoy him

Thanks Bro, that looks like me at update time! B):P

Well heres the update I promised but its not what i had planed because I ended up breaking one of the lights I made. I had also planed on doing a sort of tutorial for you but I didnt have my photographer (wifey) so next time. now heres the pics I have of the headlights.....I hope you enjoy

I used the tiny 1.8mm LED's from model train softwarethese guys have the best LED's and the best service and will even replace broken LED's

newlighting001.jpg

newlighting002.jpg

With LED's this small I was able to use the headlight bezels from the kit I used my dremel to make a small hole just big enough for the LED to stick through.

newlighting003.jpg

I used the heat from my soldering gun to melt a small space out of the plastic that covers the wires so I can splice wires and solder LED's together, then solder them.

newlighting004.jpg

Here you see the splice and solder

newlighting005.jpg

Heres the finished headlight....

newlighting006.jpg

I actually blinded myself when I hooked up the power source, these LED's are that bright!

newlighting007.jpg

Please stay tuned for more to come.

Edited by Aftashox

Romell, this is looking great. I have used those tiny LED's and you are right, they are incredibly bright for their size. I have some different colored ones that my son got and plan on using them one of these days. These big trucks are not my "cup of tea", but you are sure knocking this one out of the park. I love the 4 front wheel set up. I built two of the 6 wheel Tyrrell F1 cars and fabricated the working linkages and they look so cool when they turn together....this will look great on this truck. I look forward to the completion on this. :)

Okay, now you have gone too far! This build has officially become over the top when you are doing tutorials on YouTube!

Seriously, this is awesome to watch and I can't imagine how much this build will weigh with the batteries and stretched frame. The final product should be incredible and I can't wait to see it done.

Any chance you will offer those light bars to us less skilled modelers?

this build is awsome romell,its over the top,what are you going to build next that can come close to this,great skills,great work,,,,,,and thanks alot for showing guys like me that havent been doing this as long as to how much enjoyment you can get from modeling,,,,,,,,thanks again ,,,,god bless,,,,,,,,jr