Model Cars Magazine Forum

Here you see the bracket has been removed and ready to be filed down....

truckchassis013.jpg

and here its been relocated.....

truckchassis014.jpg

AHHHH the wheels are in the right place

truckchassis015.jpg

truckchassis017.jpg

these wheels require that you put the lug nuts on.....

truckchassis018.jpg

truckchassis019.jpg

truckchassis021.jpg

here a pic of the finish chassis almost ready for painting, I figured I'd put it all tigether because it all painted black

truckchassis022.jpg

Already looks like its coming out good lots a luck with it. :lol:

• 2 months later...

Hey fellas sorry ive been gone so long, when it gets cold out here i cant build my little heater just wont heat my shop up good enough to paint and stuff. So i been chillin (literally) all winter waiting for the spring so i can finish the wrecker so i'll be back in action real soon cause were getting some warm weather now. see you all soon. Romell :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...

Well I decieded that if I was gonna build a more modern Kenworth I have to make some changes right off the bat, so in this installment I was able to modifiy (not scratch build) the cab and sleeper. The resin cab i bought fell short of being Kenworth correct so follow along as I make some corrections......enjoy

this is the resin cab as it came....the windows are wrong and the cab hieght is also wrong so we'll fix that now....

cabsleepermods001.jpg

here the window has been corrected , I removed the post in the window and I also reshaped it i also added 5 scale inches to the bottom of the cab. Not quit done yet but its better

cabsleepermods002.jpg

the front window had a seperator in the middle also so i removed it , here I have the sleeper that came with the kit ready to be modified

cabsleepermods003.jpg

cabsleepermods004.jpg

This section had to be cut out because the more modern sleepers are intergrated onto the cab.....

cabsleepermods005.jpg

See where Im going???

cabsleepermods006.jpg

nice work but i would have started with the amt t600 cob so you had the bunk and curved windshield..

• 3 weeks later...

ok fellas im back at it and its official !

I guess the first thing I need to do is show you where the wrecker is as of right now!

truckrestart003.jpg

as you can see its in bad shape i have some broken parts and some missing parts , but all is not lost im gonna start by cleaning it all up and taking a good inventory of whats here and whats not. then im gonna start putting the cab interior together. ok so here are a few more pics to kinda get you up to speed. oh and sorry ive been gone so long but its good to be back! :o

truckrestart004.jpg

truckrestart005.jpg

truckrestart006.jpg

Ok heres my first official post in almost a year (i think) anyway let me see if i can remember how this goes. I wanted to work on something easy to get me inspired again (that failed misserably) so i started on the interior. I was gonna do it basic and simple (that never seems to happen for me) but i ended up putting woodgrain in it. here are a few pics of the start of things..... I hope you enjoy. B)

heres some of the materials i used.

interiorwood001.jpg

what i did was to just make an ovelay of what was included in the kit.

interiorwood002.jpg

interiorwood003.jpg

interiorwood005.jpg

now all thats left is to sand , stain and shalack.......