Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hey Fellas I was able to get the power plant about 85% complete just enough to show you these photos. Its a Cat C-16 I'll be adding a second turbo tonight. To put all that muscle to the road theres a Eaton 18 gear auto shift gearbox. it all been plumbed and wired I hope you enjoy !

cat002.jpg

The Eaton autoshifter up close

cat003.jpg

cat004.jpg

cat001.jpg

cat005.jpg

please stay tuned for more to come.....;)

:blink:

WHOOOSH MAN!

Through the net and score!

Romell another "BIG" hit dude!

B)

I am in awe of your talents and skill!

dry.gif

Yes the new cab looks "pretty" but,I really wanted to watch you work that first cab into something sweet!

:D

Oh well! :D

Thank You for sharing!

Later

Russ

;)

I truly understand what you mean Russ, but think of it like this. When a artist starts his works he looks for the best canvas he can find then that canvas becomes a work of art. this cab is a better canvas now watch me turn it into a work of art. LOL! thx for your sincere compliment. oh let me leave you with this sence were talkin about the cab.

seatedmotor001.jpg

seatedmotor003.jpg

There are several builders on here that are pure artist in thier work, but there are none better than you. The builds you do are always well thought out and beautifully executed. I, personally appreciate your willingness to share your tips and techniques with all of us as I have learned a lot from you.

I think you need to consider making a video, DVD of a complete build from starting with the box on the bench all the way through to completion.

It would sell like hotcakes.

There are several builders on here that are pure artist in thier work, but there are none better than you. The builds you do are always well thought out and beautifully executed. I, personally appreciate your willingness to share your tips and techniques with all of us as I have learned a lot from you.

I think you need to consider making a video, DVD of a complete build from starting with the box on the bench all the way through to completion.

It would sell like hotcakes.

Hey Donald Im gonna take that suggestion to heart and really consider it and maybe i'll do that on the next project. Thank you so much for your compliments. B)

Edited by Aftashox

hey romell, the trucks looking grat! i have modelers tip for you though. i saw the beatiful lighting work did on the trailer. i would say sand the leds so that the glass is matte and the light is diffused a little. stock leds are just too focused to be realistic.

Believe it or not these LED's are sanded but the way you tone them down is to use Tamiya's clear paints that will bring them down a bit. Thx for your considerate advice. :)

Rom, you and your "bright ideas" are jus' blinding me. LmAo :blink::) Seriously, I love the LED lights and your skills are jus' impressive! Sorry I haven't commented before this but my hands (as well as other things) have been outta sorts. The engine, dual steering, and the cab switcheroo is all coming together beautifully! I can't wait to see where this goes next! Keep up the outstanding work my friend. B)

Rom, you and your "bright ideas" are jus' blinding me. LmAo ;):huh: Seriously, I love the LED lights and your skills are jus' impressive! Sorry I haven't commented before this but my hands (as well as other things) have been outta sorts. The engine, dual steering, and the cab switcheroo is all coming together beautifully! I can't wait to see where this goes next! Keep up the outstanding work my friend. :lol:

Hey thx for your compliments Jason and I hope you can get the hands back together soon. :rolleyes:

Edited by Aftashox

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yeah. Romell has been missing as well as Mr. Obsessive and Sauber. All 3 are really good builders that I've been able to learn from.

Jim, I seen Mr. Obsessive post yesterday (I think) that he was taking a break and that was why he was not around for a while, and Sauber I don't know.

As for Romell, I think I seen him post in another one of his theads he has been really busy and just hasn't had much time, I just hope he gets less busy soon! :lol: