Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hello folks!

Ok, so I've now registered and ruined my reputation as a serial lurker here. My name is Ken, I currently live in Tulsa, Ok, but I'm from Dayton, OH originally and plan on returning someday. My full scale projects keep me from building models much anymore, but I love model cars and blame them for my real car addiction. I'm kind of technically challenged, but I'm going to try and learn to post pictures so I can unbox all of my old builds and show them. I have about 400 built kits that have been packed away since 1990, and I'm just now starting to go through them. There's some cool old stuff in there. I lurk on other boards as well, and probably know some of you from them. Thanks for the entertainment over the time I have been in hiding!

Welcome aboard. This is a great place to learn. The $24.95 monthly fee is a bit much, but Gregg lets me wash dishes to cover my fee when money is tight.

Jon's a good guy. I just sold him an original, never reissued Double Dragster kit for only $200 because he's so great. :unsure:

and .. welcome to the forum, Ken!

Edited by Foxer

Guest Johnny

Livin' on Tulsa time Ken???

This site is terrible!!! Terribly addictive that is! See I sucked you into it's vortex!laugh.gif

Lots of great builders here, and then there are the majority of us other guys!wink.gif

Great bunch of members here and all willing to help a new guy or even an old guy out!smile.gif

Welcome aboard. Since you "used" to be a serial killer, and we sometimes have people that get out of hand, maybe we could use your services and take care of the whiners here.....I see this working out to be a win win for everyone!!!!

Yes, people, it's sarcasm. relax!!!

And welcome aboard.

David

Yes, that is one of my full scale time suckers. It's a pretty nice 1977 factory 305 car. I currently have the dashboard out, giving it new gauges and wiring. I have two more coupes that I had big plans for until I found this one.

My (hot rod) mom had bought a '75 with the 262 and knew how to light the tires halfway down the street. She blew that motor out and gave it to my brother who found a 355 motor set up for circle track racing. That thing was stupid fast. With the lateral link from the rear end to the trans, it would lift up the entire car under acceleration... It seemed to accelerate faster than it could brake. And talk about an unassuming little sleeper!

And how do you like changing that last spark plug on the drivers side? We found it easier to do it from under the car.

Again, welcome aboard!