Model Cars Magazine Forum

1966 Ford Fairlane GT-GTA Pro Touring Build

MustangDreams

Well here is the start of my 66 Fairlane Pro Touring Build,it started out as a Modified Stocker Build but then I wanted to go this way with it.

So in this first pic you can see the wheels and tires(looking more like a lowrider) not what I had in mind.

Next to get it to look like a Pro Touring Car!

Added pics and now it looks more like a road racer.

Marty

Edited by MustangDreams

Epoxy Putty and a lot of shaping and sanding and filling and more sanding to come!

Here in these pictures, I took a set of Pegasus wheels (Vantage) and turned them down on my lathe to get them to fit into a other set of open aluminum rims I had.

you will also be able to see the inner flair lip, it still needs more work but this is it so far.

Edited by MustangDreams

Thanks P4K

My son and I will be doing a 1:1 build like Ron S Mustang build but his 66 coupe and my 67 coupe.

This is what started it off for me and this build

Inspiration from Mike DeLuco 1970 Mustang build and this GTO of Don Stellhorn and the Great build up of Ron.S. 66 Mustang Build up.

Don S build http://www.gtoroadracer.com/

I am also doing this one as well, an exact replica of it.

Ron S Build http://www.pro-touring.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38420

Edited by MustangDreams

Well Fastram I will add it to my list thanks but this one is going to get the boss 429, I have a good 10 to 12 pro touring car builds siting on the bench and we might stuff a Turbo in one or 2 and maybe a supercharger as well, but this is going to be my first real build in over 15yrs so I will keep it all Ford, "True and blue" and with a monster big block ok.

The 64 GTO has a 421 going into it, 69 Shelby Mustang,71 Boss 302 Mustang, 66 Boss Mustang,67 GTX, 71 GTX, and Many more Oh I have a 68 Shelby Mustang Pro Touring that might look good with a Turbo or 2 in it. I have sanded off all the markings and door handels and stuff working on a custom frame, I have also cut the quarters and fenders and pulled them out to 3" from its 2.5 to give me room for the 1/2 wheels and tires! thanks again.