Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

65 Plymouth Sat. from R&R

6 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Just wondering has anyone ever built this car or seen it ? The 2Dr. HT version, not the 2dr. sedan. I remember seeing someone post a problem with the body at one time. Kinda wanted to buy it if the problem wasn't a big deal. But wanted to ask around 1st.

Edited by 59-Desoto

Posted · Report post

I have seen the kit in person,While I was at his shop visiting him,And it can be built into a nice car with some time,I would say go for it and buy one.

Posted · Report post

I have seen the kit in person,While I was at his shop visiting him,And it can be built into a nice car with some time,I would say go for it and buy one.

Good deal , thanks Steve . I've been wanting one for a while. I bought couple other from R&R with no issues but some where in the back of my mine I was thing I had seen a negative post on this one. Going for it and cant wait

Posted · Report post

R&R stuff blows...steer clear

Posted · Report post

Hopefully the 65 is a better piece than the 67 Plymouth wagon of theirs I purchased.

Posted · Report post

I probably have more R&R stuff than any other resin product, and I can tell you R&R's casting quality seems to vary quite wildly- I'd say it averages somewhere between 'poor' and 'partly cloudy'. I've built three of the '57 IH pickup kits- the first two were horrible, while the third was actually pretty good- way fewer huge pinholes and thin spots, and much less distortion in the castings. But yeah- I'd avoid an R&R piece for a first-time resin project!