Model Cars Magazine Forum

'72 Ford Farm Beater

Chuck Most

This is just me using the awful R&R casting procedures to my best advantage!

IMG_59661-vi.jpg

IMG_59671-vi.jpg

IMG_59681-vi.jpg

IMG_59691-vi.jpg

IMG_59701-vi.jpg

IMG_59711-vi.jpg

The cab was short shot (short poured?), had many thin spots and air bubbles, and the parts didn't fit very well. I decided to not fix these things, and instead use them to contribute to the model's worn-out, crusty demeanor.

Chuck, ya made a sows ear outta a sows ear!!! Ya know this truck(Or at least one that looks similar) IS available in plastic. I think it was one of the Model King releases if I'm not mistaken. ANYWAY, ya dun a GOOD job in makein a good ol farm beater outta it!!! Great job,Daddy-O!!!biggrin.gifwink.gif

Chuck, ya made a sows ear outta a sows ear!!! Ya know this truck(Or at least one that looks similar) IS available in plastic. I think it was one of the Model King releases if I'm not mistaken. ANYWAY, ya dun a GOOD job in makein a good ol farm beater outta it!!! Great job,Daddy-O!!!biggrin.gifwink.gif

Yes- the Model King kit is a '79. The '67-'72 and '73-'79 generations were similar, structurally, to one another, but had totally different 'skin'. In fact, the R&R kit appears to be a modified AMT ''73-'79, including the incorrect (for the '67-'72 version) later interior!

always thought it was cool that they key was a big 'ol flat blade screwdriver ;)

I knew a guy with a '67- his ignition key was two wires dangling from under the dash! :lol: The old 240 six wouldn't boil the hides, but it was still running like a top when the cab mounts got rotted out so badly the cab was actually resting on the steering shaft!