Model Cars Magazine Forum

Custom Peterbuilt Wrecker, Kenworth Conversion

Ol Matt to the rescue once again LOL! I do know what Tim youre talking about as he helped me out with some photos a lil while back. Thx for the links my friend. :angry:

No problem, Bro. You know you can always count on me! :D:D

So you think im crazy too. :) LOL! thanks for the compliment my friend

On the really crazy side heres my latest update remember I said this would be a fully lighted project? well...I started work on the side markers and here what I have so far.

I recieved 30 of these very small LED's in the mail and got busy with the side markers

newebay001.jpg

So i marked off the places where I wanted the lights to go and drilled small holes in which the LED's would go....

newebay005.jpg

placement of the LED's I used CA glue to hold them in place....

newebay022.jpg

1stlight001.jpg

here you can barley see the wires soldered together....

1stlight002.jpg

here the side markers lit up I still have to make the chrome bezels and they need to be filed flat as there is a round end on them...

1stlight003.jpg

Stay tuned for more to come. :angry:

here the side markers lit up I still have to make the chrome bezels and they need to be filed flat as there is a round end on them...

1stlight003.jpg

Stay tuned for more to come. B)

Dang it, Romell! Another keyboard ruined by drool!! B):lol:

Well Matt this build is pretty much all your fault you know! And you even tossed in some parts to make it happen so dont blame me for blown computer parts due to drooling . ROFL! B)

Yep, I know! At least I have some spare keyboards! B):lol::lol:

So you think im crazy too. B) LOL! thanks for the compliment my friend

On the really crazy side heres my latest update remember I said this would be a fully lighted project? well...I started work on the side markers and here what I have so far.

I recieved 30 of these very small LED's in the mail and got busy with the side markers

newebay001.jpg

So i marked off the places where I wanted the lights to go and drilled small holes in which the LED's would go....

newebay005.jpg

placement of the LED's I used CA glue to hold them in place....

newebay022.jpg

1stlight001.jpg

here you can barley see the wires soldered together....

1stlight002.jpg

1stlight003.jpg

Stay tuned for more to come. :lol:

Out standing!

First let me say im sorry Matt and i hope your not using you laptop today LOL! (INSIDE JOKE)....

It's a good thing I checked this out before I went to the laptop on the model desk!! Oh well, another keyboard bites the dust!! :rolleyes::lol: Looking good, Bro!

Thx Dennis but can you tell me why there called Chicken lights? :D

Yeah, Dennis, for once a question I can't answer! :blink: I know the extra lights are chicken lights, and trucks with a lot of lights and chrome are chicken trucks, but why do we call them that!

From what was explained to me by some ex truckers on another forum, years ago the live poultry haulers added lights on the bumper. When they were loaded with live chickens, the driver would switch them on to let other truckers know. This was back in the days of 2 lane roads and these guys had to do a lot of passing as you didn't want the chickens on board any longer than neccessary. So, anyone coming knew you were loaded with live poultry if your "chicken" lights were on(At least, that was the story). Of course, people thought it looked cool and it took off from there. That's the shortened version of what became a very long discussion.

From what was explained to me by some ex truckers on another forum, years ago the live poultry haulers added lights on the bumper. When they were loaded with live chickens, the driver would switch them on to let other truckers know. This was back in the days of 2 lane roads and these guys had to do a lot of passing as you didn't want the chickens on board any longer than neccessary. So, anyone coming knew you were loaded with live poultry if your "chicken" lights were on(At least, that was the story). Of course, people thought it looked cool and it took off from there. That's the shortened version of what became a very long discussion.

Thx ray for that piece of american truckin history! B)

You're welcome. I'm a trucker myself, and I love learning these neat little "fun facts" about the past. the desire to warn others stems from the fact that when hauling any animals, you don't want them on board any longer than neccessary. If some get injured or die, whole loads can be refused. It's one reason I stood away from livestock. Sometimes I like to sleep late :D

Edited by FlatbedKW