Model Cars Magazine Forum

Custom Peterbuilt Wrecker, Kenworth Conversion

Looks great man, keep up the good work! I think Tim has a competitor now! lol

Tim doesnt have to worrie about me im like a fish outta water when it comes to trucks, now put a BBC motor in my hands and we'll have a whole differant story LOL!

heres a few pics i forgot to add earlyer enjoy!

seatedmotor001.jpg

seatedmotor002.jpg

seatedmotor003.jpg

Very nice, Rommel. Always nice to see something other than a Cummins or Detroit. The C16 was the last of Caterpillar's big engines before the government decided it was too bad for the environment. It was replaced by the less potent C-15 ACERT. Many of the guys I know often refer to big horsepower engines like these as "Big Hammers". Another little bit of trivia is that the pre ACERT engine models are designated withou a hyphen, i.e. a C15 is non-ACERT, C-15 is an ACERT

Very nice, Rommel. Always nice to see something other than a Cummins or Detroit. The C16 was the last of Caterpillar's big engines before the government decided it was too bad for the environment. It was replaced by the less potent C-15 ACERT. Many of the guys I know often refer to big horsepower engines like these as "Big Hammers". Another little bit of trivia is that the pre ACERT engine models are designated withou a hyphen, i.e. a C15 is non-ACERT, C-15 is an ACERT

Thx for that tid bit, Always good to learn some history :lol:

looking good,by the way were did you get the c-16 engine & transmission from i am looking for one.

talk you soon

Hey Jr. Im Glad you like the Cat It's a resin cast piece that comes with about 30 parts its a nice little kit. It takes a little prep to get it right but I do recomend it. You can find it at this web site http://mmtaer.webs.com/truckparts.htm you can also get the gearbox there. :)

Hey Jr. Im Glad you like the Cat It's a resin cast piece that comes with about 30 parts its a nice little kit. It takes a little prep to get it right but I do recomend it. You can find it at this web site http://mmtaer.webs.com/truckparts.htm you can also get the gearbox there. ;)

Thanks for the link, Romell, I didn't even know about that site! ;):) I guess we're making you a scale trucker after all! ;):lol::lol::P

Sounds like me, the only livestock I ever hauled was already dead and frozen! B)

Never hauled chickens but hauled cattle, pigs and sheep before. Mostly cattle. Hauling them to the packing house. Didn't care for it too much so switched and started hauling from the other end of the plant!

Swinging beef is no picnic to haul either!:lol:

Rommell! You have really been doing some great work on the wrecker! Gonna be great!!!

The lights are taking this build way over the top! I love it!

Keep up the great work!:lol:

Sorry about not expaining who Tim was!

Romell, that is incredible. I just recently got this kit off ebay and have been dreaming about what I am going to do with it. You contributed some very elegant thoughts. B) That is simply incredible.

BTW, where did you get the other set of revell super single tires? I bought some Italeri super singles from KFS but I don't think they are wide enough and I don't really like the tread pattern. If I have to, I will have Alan at Ma's resin cast them but I would like to know first if there is a place I can get them.

STewart

Romell, that is incredible. I just recently got this kit off ebay and have been dreaming about what I am going to do with it. You contributed some very elegant thoughts. :D That is simply incredible.

BTW, where did you get the other set of revell super single tires? I bought some Italeri super singles from KFS but I don't think they are wide enough and I don't really like the tread pattern. If I have to, I will have Alan at Ma's resin cast them but I would like to know first if there is a place I can get them.

STewart

Hey Stewart thx for the timely compliment As for my tires I got them from my buddy "Showbuilder" right here on the forums. You'll be suprized how great these guys are here. I posted a thread asking if anyone had the parts I needed and "Showbuilder" came to the rescue. And there are numorus others who have donated parts for my builds also. Dont be afraid to ask cause you never know who might be willing to help. B)

Edited by Aftashox

Hi, Romell.

Well done. I like the Engine and wheels and whole the Wrecker! Looks cool.

I also like the LEDs. Do you plan to use 9V power supply? Good choice.

Well, chock up another beautiful build on its way to completion. If you have not checked it out, you need to see his model replica of his Chevelle. Outstanding.

Hey Sergey thx for your compliment and as for the power supply, Yes i will be using a 9V and it will be stored on the wrecker itself.

And ARTEMIS your comments are always welcomed (long time no hear from ya buddy) B)

Edited by Aftashox

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...