Model Cars Magazine Forum

Then you might be a young model car builder

ok..lets have some participation and maybe a few laughs...I will procure (procure sounds so much better that steal) this idea from

Jeff Foxworthy. My examples that follow are ummm "fond" rememberannces from my past

If you ever thought that 1:1 meant one model car needed one tube of glue..then you might be a young model car builder

If your parents ever wondered why you acted a little "odd" after spending time working on your latest model car purchase...then you might be a young model car builder (from the 60's and 70's)(In case you are under the age of 30 you might need to ask an older male relative about Testors glue :lol: )

If you buy a can of oven cleaner every trip to the grocery store, but you've never cleaned your oven...

Am I the only one that thinks (thought) that the non-toxic version of Testor's glue (the one in the blue tube) smelled a heck of a lot worse than the "toxic" one in the red tube did??

That stuff makes me want to barf when I smell it. Ugh!!!

If you've ever been caught shopping in the cosmetics section for a good brush to dust your models with......you might be a model builder.

If you've ever said "oh no, I won't part with that one, I have plans for it!".......you might be a model builder.

If Tower Hobbies holds their company picnic at your house.........you might be a model builder.

If you've ever sat in your car trying to think of what to say so you can take reference pictures of real vehicles and not be considered a terrorist............you might be a model builder.

If you've ever snuck a model kit into your home and spent a half hour trying to convince your wife that you had that kit already.......you might be a model builder.

If you've ever got a giggly when you heard an old kit was being reissued........you might be a model builder.

If you've ever almost had an accident in your shorts when you heard an all new kit was being released of your favorite subject....you might be a model builder.

If your "need to buy certain kits list" is priority over your "need to pay bills list".....you might be a model builder.

When your watching a movie and someone says "it's gonna get real bad, we better go out and get supplies", it reminds you that your low on super glue and putty......you might be a model builder.

LOL :lol:

Whoops, just noticed this is about being a young model builder! LOL

If you've ever "painted" a model with pastel chalks and thought it turned out great..........you might be a YOUNG model builder! LOL

If you've ever wondered if you could build a cool model by only using parts from your left over parts boxes........you might be a young model builder.

If you've ever used an Erector set to make a steerable axle..........you might be a young model builder.

If you've ever used purple, 1/4" thick velour to carpet an interior and the model actually won an award........you might be a young model builder.

If you've ever thought it was cool to buy a model kit, build it and then blow it up with firecrackers......you might be a young model builder.

:lol::lol::lol:

Edited by Ben

If you ever got home with your new model, twisted the parts off the trees, and filed the pointy bits with your mother's best nail file, you might be a young model builder.

If you proceeded to start gluing the model together in the overturned box top on your mother's favorite living room sofa because she had the kitchen table filled with the groceries from the same shopping trip you got the model on, you might be a young model builder.

If you remember the horrified look on your parent's faces when they saw the (fortunately) capped tube of glue on the sofa cushion, while you had long glue strings stretched between your fingers and the model pieces you were holding together, you might be a young model builder.

If you can't remember the punishment you got, but only cared that it didn't involve them taking the model away, it was at that point you realized you had BECOME a model builder!!! :lol::lol:

(A true story, by the way; it was a Monogram AC-47 gunship that had the pre painted camouflage.)

When sent to your room, your okay with that,

you might be a young model builder.

When you got in Trouble, your parents made you stay out of your room,

you might be a Young model builder.

If you ever glued your eye shut,

If you ever used a Paint brush and a bottle of Testors to paint your model,

If your parents tell you to finish the first model before you buy another one,

Edited by Zukiholic

I loved the smell of Testor's tube glue. I also love the smell of gas.

And of course I love the smell of napalm in the morning...

laugh.gif

After experiencing all three I prefer the first two over the last. But they have totally ruined the smell of gas!laugh.gif

If you ever built a fort...in your bedroom... out of empty model boxes.

If everybody who enters the house is required to see your latest creation.

If spackle IS just as good a putty.

If putty can be used to make any part, no matter how big.

If ALL your painted models are either testors gloss black or dark blue - from the little bottle.

If your latest model went Salvador Dahli after you left it by a lightbulb to dry the gloss black paint.

If the entire decal sheet goes into the water at once and ALL of them are used EVERY time.

If any "fit" problem can be resolved with ... more glue.

If ALL your models were built WITHOUT an exacto blade or knife of any sort.

If your highest level of detail come from a small jar of testors paint.

If all your models are really, really bad, and you love everyone of them....even when you rip them apart because you are bored.

Edited by Scott Colmer

If you have every had 4 blue model cars in a row because you bought a big rattle can of paint at the hardware store ,you might be a young modeler

If you ever gave a pickup box a bath in lacquer thinner to remove the paint and 15 minutes later you wonder how it disappeared in to thin air,you might be a young modeler.

Edited by mredzadventure