Model Cars Magazine Forum

Something a bit out of the ordinary.

Looks good I had the same kind of idea building one as if it were on a

base in the USA and was being used during the war. I did mine olive green

and was ready to finish it and add a few items in the bed when I had to pack it up

and move it is in storage and I wish I had it got several ideas and the urge to finish it.

great work on yours

Looks good I had the same kind of idea building one as if it were on a

base in the USA and was being used during the war. I did mine olive green

and was ready to finish it and add a few items in the bed when I had to pack it up

and move it is in storage and I wish I had it got several ideas and the urge to finish it.

great work on yours

Gary I actually found a few photos of what I think were '40 Ford PU's, and a Studebaker. I was researching the "Montford Point" Marines and found shots with these in the background. I met one of the old breed Montford marines years ago at Camp LeJeune NC. Old boy was in his 60's then, still lean, mean, and all dark green. He was a civilian running the chow hall. That was some good food.

G

Brett, one of these days I plan on making a 1/25 scale version of that LRDG truck.

I have the Tamiya 1/35, so I guess it's just a matter of motovation eh?

G

That ought to be awesome. I've always wanted to do the C11ADF, based on the AMT 1941 Ford Woody, maybe when I finially find that magical Round Tuit?

I want to say that in Finescale long long ago, someone had an article on building the C11ADF from that very kit. They modded the dash for righthand drive and scratched the fiddly military bits.

Naturally all those long ago issues are stashed in box after box just waiting to be unearthed. I also have not been able to corral that ellusive round tuit. :D

G

I want to say that in Finescale long long ago, someone had an article on building the C11ADF from that very kit. They modded the dash for righthand drive and scratched the fiddly military bits.

Naturally all those long ago issues are stashed in box after box just waiting to be unearthed. I also have not been able to corral that ellusive round tuit. :D

G

I remember that article. It's always been in the back of my head. There was recently another one in Model Military Int'l http://modelmilitary.com/frames/issues/issue053.htm that brought it back to the front! B)

• 3 weeks later...