Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hi from UK newbie

Hey, this looks full of like minded loons, so I'll open the door, wipe my feet & say Hi.

As you can see by my name, got started a looonnnggg time ago with a 57 Chevy kit that came with some cool decals.

Have a weak point for 57 Chevys & drag inspired muscle cars. After 20 odd years, finally got a 1;1 scale 57 Chevy & am I thankfull to the guys at Revell for the bel air sedan kit. Got 1 in progress as a rep of my 210.

Getting back into building as its a lot cheaper than 1;1 scale ! :blink: Must admit to buying them quicker than I build them, but I'll dig out a few pics of what I've built.

I loiter on a few other forums, mostly on Rods n Sods, here in the UK.

There is a 'shelf' for all the model guys to hang out, have a peek here http://www.rodsnsods.co.uk/forum/shelf/

Anybody else on here, building a 1;25 of their 1;1 ?

Now, I'd better go & check out all the past cool threads on here & find out what I've missed. :D

Thanks for the welcome Jim.

There is a big Tri Chevy following in the UK. Back in July we had over 50 Tri Chevys (1;1)at one show, the highest number ever acheived at 1 time. Hopefully there will be more next year.

My car has been here since the early 80's (that why it had so much rust :D ) Its nearly finished after a 5 1/2 year rebuild. Hopefully finish the kit soon too.

And I've got a bag of real 57 Chevy rust, for the 'before restored' model, lol.

Edited by 57peppershaker

Welcome and that's pretty cool having a '57 Chevy over there!

Since my return to the hobby in the '90's I've been building the cars I've owned since I stopped the first time in 1962. I've managed 2 of my Porsches, VW Rabbit, '68 Beetle, '53 Beetle, '92 Subaru Legacy Wagon and my two Army rides .. an XM474 Transporter and an M35 deuce-and-a-half. On the bench are my Dad's '92 Crown Victoria, wife's '95 Subaru Legacy Wagon, '91 Porsche 944, '69 VW Beetle, '51 Plymouth, 2003 Infinity G35 Coupe, '56 VW Kombi, '67 Pontiac LeMans and a '67 Triumph TR4a.

So, you might say I like to build my 1:1 cars! :rolleyes: