Model Cars Magazine Forum

International Cargostar

Just was wondering if anyone made a resin cab of the international cargostar. In just day cab form or for a fire truck. Have a couple of projects im thinking of and was just wondering if someone made those. The day cab is old with round headlights I think like a late 60's and the fire truck is like an 80 with the jump seats in back and it has the round headlights with a square around them. Thanks any help greatly appreciated.

Ryan

Like this?...... B)

DSC00022.jpg

R12.jpg

DSC00032.jpg

No I haven't finished them, or the mold. I discovered a fairly major error in the front wall of my master that requires fairly major surgery to correct. All of the ones shown have approx. 2 hours of repair to fix the screw up....

There were 3 distinct variations of this cab. The first, known as the CO-Loadstar is shown in my avatar pic. Its my '67 1800 Barton/American pumper. The next was the Cargostar A. Ih widened the cab approx 8", and narrowed the fenders accordingly. It retained the same grill as the CO Loadstar. The final version was the Cargostar B, which was the same cab and sheetmetal as the A, but IH added the large grill, and headlight trim. There were some minor variations over the years of the B, most notable the door handles changed from push button to slam lock, and the floor of the cab varied depending on engine size.

Edited by cargostar

Yes the fire truck cab on the bottom of the 3 is exactly what it looks like except its a pumper. I think your old engine that was a loadstar cabover is probly like the other truck im thinkin of. Was that the one you built in the 80's and had a pic of on here a while ago?

Ironic? Thats a good word for it...... ;)

Here is a couple pics of my pumper. It is the narrow cab CO Loadstar

co5.jpg

Here it is loaded on the company rig, bringing it home.

coAltaVista.jpg

Here is one of my others. It is a '76 Cargostar B, (note the widened cab, and narrower fenders) ex CF yard tractor. The chrome goodies were saved off of some firetrucks.

AlexisFire12062730.jpg

There is a farmer north of here that uses a Cargostar tractor to pull the 48' grain trailers from the fields to his storeage bins or into the Farmers Co-op in town!!

Last time I saw it it was still wearing the Seven Up logo on the doors!cool.gif

They will be harvesting soon! Maybe I can catch it in action!smile.gif

The farm right next door to me uses a Cargostar open-top box truck to haul silage for their cows. Seems like it's a common farm truck.

Your right! I have seen quite a few with grain boxes sitting at elivators to unlosd or on fields taking on a load of beans or corn!

I'd say it was a rather inexpensive no frills truck! Just what the farmers like!smile.gif

From the cab back, anything would work. They were available with various frame capacities, and dimensions from 10-12" tall, and up to triple thickness. (Most fire trucks were triple framed). From the cab forward is a different story. The rails not only widen, but they drop, and become shorter. If you're not concerened about 100% accuracy the closest would be the Ford C-cab kits. I have a front frame stub out back I'll get some pics of.