Model Cars Magazine Forum

Scored an Uncertain T......!!

Found an Uncertain T on the 'bay a couple of weeks ago. At first I wasn't thinking of bidding, but you know how it goes, it's almost like a drug..... ;) But I was sure some "sniper" would slam and get it in those last seconds. Nope, didn't happen. So now I have two, and I wasn't going to buy more models.... yeah, right! I confess, I'm addicted. Here it is, second issue in the regular size box, as opposed to the early Monogram flat boxes. Pic is from seller. Only things missing are the glass parts.

DSCN6332.jpg

I also bought a Mako Shark from our own Mr Obsessive. And tonight I found the first issue of the '56/57 Corvette. I had it, but this one was just a little better.... Maybe I should call myself "Obsessive Collector".... but I don't think I'm a hopeless case....hehe

Edited by Modellpularn

Nice score! Don't leave us hanging, how much?

Oh, ok it wasn't too bad considering a mint kit runs around 320-350$. 180 bucks + shipping 31$, + customs duty, about 70$ when it arrived....So I guess it came close to almost 300$ anyway. :rolleyes: But I see it as an investment, like many of my models. Maybe it's not like art or stamps, or other stuff that's considered valuable in fine circles, but we know our stuff!

I can remember back in 2003 that I thought I had all the models I ever wanted. Seven years and probably 500 models later... :D

It's good to hear I'm among other styrene freaks..... :rolleyes: It's a positive thing, so cool when you meet someone on the other side of the world, and you "click" We speak styrene!