Model Cars Magazine Forum

El Gringo

Fuel Coupe

Shane,

That looks great. We all know of thing on our own models that we dont like. It's just one of the things that hopefully keep you (the modeler) striving to get better with every build. If I had to guess, I would say you are probably worried about the door gaps...dont be, they look fine. It is a very clean build, it looks great, the detailing looks spot on, and you should be rightfully proud of it. NICE JOB! :P

Edited by Tommy Kortman

Shane,

That looks great. We all know of thing on our own models that we dont like. It's just one of the things that hopefully keep you (the modeler) striving to get better with every build. If I had to guess, I would say you are probably worried about the door gaps...dont be, they look fine. It is a very clean build, it looks great, the detailing looks spot on, and you should be rightfully proud of it. NICE JOB! :)

Tommy this is great thank you...

I could have copped out and did the regular brass hinges which I probably could have gottten the gaps tighter but I opted for the more accurate (yet extremely fragile) hinges. not really an excuse but that's my story and I'm sticking to it ;)

I'm not worried about the door gaps. If I were to enter it in a show the doors would be open anyway

thanks for all the comments guys

Edited by TxRat

Shane this is just another reason why your posts are "auto click". No need to even think about it; click and there's always something interesting and cool. This one is no exception. I like the way you try things that you may not have done before, and don't know for sure if they'll work (but they do).

I love these roadsters that squat down low like they're mean and ready for anything. Not cut and slashed drastic like a rat rod, just tastefully low.

Nice to see this one come back up to the surface.