Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What magazines do you use for reference ?

3 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Hi......Perhaps , the magazines I use for reference to learn more about dioramas are not the same magazines you use. So, the reason of this question is to share information ,,,,What magazines do you use for reference? I use ...Garden Railways , 'O' Gauge Model Rail-Roading , Miniature Collector , Fine Scale , Scale Aviation , Sci-Fi & Fantasy Models International , Scale Auto , Model Cars , Military Miniatures , Scale Models International and Historical Miniatures. I do not subsribe to all . I buy some from the magazine stand , if the issue is interesting at the moment..........Barbo.

Posted · Report post

Miguel, I have never done a diorama before, but if I was.... I suppose my source would be real life. Those other magazines are great for ideas but if you want to do a realistic dio then find a subject or pick details from around your life to model. And take lots of pictures...

My two cents.

Posted · Report post

Hi...Jaurus...thats a great way of doing a diorama..specialy if it has to do with something to remember, or just for the fun . Onc its finished , its very valuable to the modeler, it will be one of a kind. I made a Diorama with a photo of the Worlds Trade Center as a backdrop , my last visit, ......... there is no price for it...............Barbo.