Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ideas & Inspiration please....

Hi everybody,

I have posted a similar topic to this in the 'general' area, and got some ideas, but since it is actually truck related I thought I would try the same thing here and ask if you can post a pic or two of your favourite truck builds. I have been stuck on my latest build, a Diamond T P4, I just cant seem to make any progress on it and its driving me nuts!! Hopefully a few cool builds from other members will get the blood pumping again so I can get it done and share some pics of it with you all. Cheers.

Hi everybody,

I have posted a similar topic to this in the 'general' area, and got some ideas, but since it is actually truck related I thought I would try the same thing here and ask if you can post a pic or two of your favourite truck builds. I have been stuck on my latest build, a Diamond T P4, I just cant seem to make any progress on it and its driving me nuts!! Hopefully a few cool builds from other members will get the blood pumping again so I can get it done and share some pics of it with you all. Cheers.

Have you tried hank site. My link .

Hi Doug, Thanks for your pics, they are both cool. The old water truck is a good idea and yours is done really nice. Something like that for my project would look the part. I think my problem is that,because I am using the Chevy Titan kit as a donor, I cant fit an engine under the hood as I cant find anything that will fit and its really put me off. I was at a model show on Sunday and saw the same conversion kit on the same chassis Im using and it looked like the builder had just built a plate under where the engine should be to hide the fact theres no motor.

One of my earliest conversions gave me fits in the engine area too. I finally got fed up with it and used the transmission and the lower part of the engine and built a solid block structure on top of it. That hid the fact that there wasn't an engine in it. I then glued the hood shut. It looked fine sitting on a shelf.

The Opel sounds like a good idea,as I dont really want waste the Detroit Diesel if it cant be seen. The Opel is an easy and cheap kit to find and should get the project finished. Thanks for your help. I will post some pics once I get started again. Cheers.

David , I admire your skills with that Diamond T. That little truck really got me going,very good attention to detail. I gotta say though,I am a little jealous of your friend with the truck collection shown in those pics. Looks like he has some really nice old trucks in there, lucky you having access to those for reference. Thanks for sharing your pics.

David , I admire your skills with that Diamond T. That little truck really got me going,very good attention to detail. I gotta say though,I am a little jealous of your friend with the truck collection shown in those pics. Looks like he has some really nice old trucks in there, lucky you having access to those for reference. Thanks for sharing your pics.

You are welcome and thanks for the compliments.

And don't feel bad, I am jealous of him too. He has about everything I would own if I had the time, space and money to do so. His Autocar is one that I plan on a full detail build much like the over the top one I did on that crazy Peterbilt. I have over 500 photos of that Autocar and most are on my photobucket site below.

David

http://s194.photobucket.com/albums/z83/Karmodeler2/Autocar%20I/

http://s194.photobucket.com/albums/z83/Karmodeler2/Autocar%20II/

Dave,I ll surely be looking forward to seeing the Autocar done,if its even half as detailed as that Pete, it should be awesome. Is it going to be based on the black one? Might be a long shot,but does your friend happen to have an H-61 Mack in his collection? I took a look at the photobucket pics, good reference shots in there. Thanks again for sharing.