Model Cars Magazine Forum

Music in the Work Place?

When I’m at my workbench nine out of ten times I’ll pull out an album to listen to while I’m working. Yes, :lol: I said album, I have hundreds so it’s really the only time I can listen to them. Recently I've reacquainted my self with “Double Live Gonzo†- Ted Nugent, Aerosmith - “Rocksâ€, “Aliveâ€- KISS, “One More From the Road†– Lynyrd Skynyrd and “Wanted! The Outlaws†- Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, Jessi Colter. What about you all?

It's vintage country for me.. Johnny Horton, Hank Williams Sr., Patsy Cline, Jim Reeves, etc., etc. I make my own CD's so I canmix in a bit of other stuff as well such as classic rock such as some CCR, early Beatles, Ventures, Beach Boys, etc, etc. Some of the classical stuff is good too - especially Strauss. I also like other stuff like some Celtic music ( Foster and Allen, Celtic Woman albums, etc and almost anything except for rap, new age rock, heavy metal - it HAS to have a melody.. a tune and be pleasing to my ears and my spirit. Sometimes, I just like peace and quiet.. and then sometimes I just sits and thinks - and sometimes I just sits......... :lol:

Sometimes I just put in a movie that I've seen a bunch, so I don't have to watch (which doesn't always work) or I jut on one of my rock stations from Pandora.com. I've found I work better with music that's loud and heavy. Although, I find softer music better for doing really fine detail work like foiling.

Guest Markus355

Yes. i cant model or paint without music. and at work i feel like cutting my wrists if the radio isnt on.

its a pretty ecclectic mix for me anything from hank williams sr. to motorhead

mostly motorhead though.

I've got every Megadeth song ever recorded on my computer, and quite a few other complete albums and individual songs- right now I'm playing Gordon Lightfoot's "Gord's Gold". An hour from now, it might be Slayer or Bob Dylan- just kind of depends on what mood I'm in. Sheesh- I've even got a Lady Gaga song or two on there! (Mmmmmmm... meat dress... B) )

Having 7 children means I can’t escape modern music & I have to admit some of it I really like.

However in the sanctuary of my modelling shed (& tractor cab) I listen to; Bluegrass, traditional & contemporary Blues.

And for motivation; Rolling Stones, Bruce Springsteen, Little Feat, The Band, John cougar Mellencamp………..you get the picture.

I had never heard of Pandora.com so I tried to access it. Again, the legal beagles strike - because I live outside the U.S., I am denied acceess to the music. Sometimes all of this legal stuff gets really old.. *sighs* :angry::lol::( Oh well, there are opther stations and of course there is Limewire for downloads which by the way, are still legal and free here in Canada last I heard. :D

I tend to bring myself into the right mood by listening to the music of the country of origin and era of the model I am building. So when I build - for example - an MGB, I listen to the English pub bands of the Sixties, like a certain Mr Fleetwood, or Mr Steward. When I build a Mercedes 540K, I listen to Marlene Dietrich or Hans Albers, when I build a 1937 Packard, I listen to Glenn Miller, when I build a 64 Cadillac, I listen to Mr Gasser and the Weirdos, when I build a 1950 Talbot Lago, I listen to Edith Piaf, when I build a Kenworth, I listen to Chet Atkins, and so on, and so forth.

Good topic this one, I like to have Johnny Burnette and the Rock N Roll Trio playin Honey Hush or Train kept a rollin. Any old Rockabilly gets me going but if I cant stop tappin my foot to whatever is playin I just chuck on a movie I have seen a million times.....

I had never heard of Pandora.com so I tried to access it. Again, the legal beagles strike - because I live outside the U.S., I am denied acceess to the music. Sometimes all of this legal stuff gets really old.. *sighs* :);):( Oh well, there are opther stations and of course there is Limewire for downloads which by the way, are still legal and free here in Canada last I heard. :D

You can proxy from a US server. B)