Model Cars Magazine Forum

Beginner at Photoshop Elements

Chuck Doan

I love (I mean LOVE), your work Chuck.

Flat out the best I have ever seen.

Is the tractor displayed in true colors, or is that filtered? It would be interesting to see some of the other pieces done in black & white, or sepia tones.

Extraordinary in any color.

Thanks very much! The tractor shot was done indoors late afternoon, so it was kind of dark. I added a drybrush filter and lightened the shadows a bit. Very basic for now. B/W and HDR and more stuff hopefully in the future!

This is my only attempt at Sepia so far:

DSCF4414CROPAcopycopya2-vi.jpg

There is a lot of neat art over here. Fun going through it all!

Chuck

Edited by Chuck Doan

Thanks very much! The tractor shot was done indoors late afternoon, so it was kind of dark. I added a drybrush filter and lightened the shadows a bit. Very basic for now. B/W and HDR and more stuff hopefully in the future!

Chuck

Bah ..new print of a hundred year old negative!

That's some spectacular diorama work! The weathering is right on and the photos are lit well. :angry:

The machine shop looks great. The sepia ages it nicely.

As a kid, I use to lay on the floor for hours reading a set of old books called the Book of Knowledge. That machine shop photo would have looked right at home in those old volumes; a great depiction of the early twentieth century industrial age. The gaps in the floor boards and the heavy dust look perfect.

Are these actual models made to look like period paintings? If so, i'm awestruck!

Yes, these are close-up photographs of some of Chuck's dioramas. No matter how close you look, his work looks real. I've seen some impressive models, but with Chuck's work, I just shake my head in awe of his talent.

Thanks guys! Ben, Ive been messing around with Photoshop on some older model pics (instead of building). For a long time I've done model RR stuff, but lately I have tried larger scales. I really like working in 1/24, 1/25 scale(s). I'm sort of returning to my early days when I built a lot of cars (and then played with 'em!). This looks like a great place to re-acquainted with the model car hobby! There's a lot of amazing builds out there.

Thanks again,

Chuck

Edited by Chuck Doan

Chuck

As a retired photographic pro, everything in the photo is spot on period perfect. The only fault that I see is the ID is usually handwritten not typeset.......FANTASTIC WORK Chuck!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...