Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Jairus" P-29 Roadster

John Teresi

Hello.......I think "Jairus" is an AWESOME artist and I will attempt to make his P-29 Roadster photo come to life........thank you " Chuck Most" for hooking me up with the 1941 lincoln.......this project would not be possible with out it.......I will attempt this build next week......thank`s for looking.

DSCF3726.jpg

DSCF4346.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

John, thank you for the compliments. I'm posting a couple of pictures here that might help. However I am a bit worried about the use of a "French" body instead of an American 1929 Ford body for this build. Maybe SOMEONE will send you a doner body. B)

This is the original artwork without the magazine gutter fold across the nose.

29roadster-vi.jpg

And this is a close up of of the turbo-supercharger exhaust turbine.

nnecrantedeturbocompresseurdeP-vi.jpg

Simple elements that can be derived from various sources in the scrap box to create.

Do not forget tho... that there will be some hefty plumbing running between the engine and the turbo. This is why I left the passenger seat out so that the plumbing would have a straight shot just like in the real P-38 aircraft.

Good luck and happy modeling.

It would take me a year with a slowly as I build. Can't wait to see this come to life. I wonder how much you have invested in just kits.

I have a running stock of fifteen different moels to build

And a whole lot of lack of motivation right now.

John, thank you for the compliments. I'm posting a couple of pictures here that might help. However I am a bit worried about the use of a "French" body instead of an American 1929 Ford body for this build. Maybe SOMEONE will send you a doner body. :rolleyes:

This is the original artwork without the magazine gutter fold across the nose.

29roadster-vi.jpg

And this is a close up of of the turbo-supercharger exhaust turbine.

nnecrantedeturbocompresseurdeP-vi.jpg

Simple elements that can be derived from various sources in the scrap box to create.

Do not forget tho... that there will be some hefty plumbing running between the engine and the turbo. This is why I left the passenger seat out so that the plumbing would have a straight shot just like in the real P-38 aircraft.

Good luck and happy modeling.

Jairus.....thank you for your advise and help......... that french kit was given to me as a gift........and I have had it for awhile......and I was trying to go the cheap route with the body and modify it to look like yours.......I didn`t really want to spend the money to get a 29........but now that you have interest in my build.....I will buy a 29......I really want to make you proud of what I will accomplish.......I will do my best on this build......I truly luv your art wortk.......thank`s,again,John

John,

You are also going to need:

A 1949 or 1950 AMT Ford front grill for the bullet nose.

A set of 1939 Chevrolet headlights. (1936 Ford will work in a pinch)

A 1932 Ford grill shell and frame.

Set of 1940 Ford steel wheels and tires from the Revell Rat Rods series.

With a great group like this forum I am sure some guys will be willing to help.

I have some of this stuff but it's in storage and not accessible.

Almost looks like the wheel cover from a '76 Caprice kit could be made to work for the turbo charger center piece- it's flat and fluted around the edges as in the photo (the thought actually crossed my mind when I saw the Sketchpad write up). A cover from an AMT '56 T-Bird might work, too.

John,

You are also going to need:

A 1949 or 1950 AMT Ford front grill for the bullet nose.

A set of 1939 Chevrolet headlights. (1936 Ford will work in a pinch)

A 1932 Ford grill shell and frame.

Set of 1940 Ford steel wheels and tires from the Revell Rat Rods series.

With a great group like this forum I am sure some guys will be willing to help.

I have some of this stuff but it's in storage and not accessible.

Jairus......thank`s again.......I have ordered the body and have a few of the parts needed ......would you happen to have a photo of the plumbing diagram for the turbo.......or could I find it in the web?.......I can start on the V-12 engine......but waiting for the body has set me back a week behind schedule........thank`s again,John

Hello......got the wheels modified.......scratch turbo 1/2 done........scratch headlights done......scratch side scoops done......I`ll be working on the engine tonight.......I decided not to use the french body and purchased a 29 body.....hopefully I`ll get it by the end of the week ......then I can do a full mock-up.......thank`s for looking.

DSCF3861.jpg

DSCF3864.jpg

DSCF3865.jpg

DSCF3868.jpg

DSCF3869.jpg

DSCF3876.jpg

DSCF3875.jpg

DSCF3879.jpg

DSCF3883.jpg