Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mr. Norm's 68 Dart

bobbyj

ok so new to the forum. from FL some of you I have seen on the scale auto forum and have seen this car. for those of you who have not let me give some back round on me and the car.

so I am 25 haven't touched a car in 8 years and this is the first. a lot of the stuff I am doing to this car I have never done, but I have seen it done and took notes and improved some of my "teacher's" methods. the doors and trunk have been cut open and properly hinged with brass, the jambs have been built the frame was scrapped do to a tragic accident (i broke it) and I made one from brass. The motor will be a hemi if i go modern it will be twin turbo. if I go 426 it will be cross ram with aluminum intake pans and valve covers that get plated. the suspension is going to be IFS maybe IRS may do 4 link in the rear still not sure. so here are some pics let me know what you all think.

Bobby

0812102340.jpg

0813102302.jpg

0811102358a.jpg

0830102353a.jpg

0901100034.jpg

ok so here are some more pics not sure how many you can do in 1 post

0903102241a.jpg

0813102304b.jpg

0826102325.jpg

0825102124.jpg

0827102359.jpg

0912100016.jpg

ok sooo if some get deleted ill put them back up. if there are any pics you guys want to see I have MORE! I have about 84 photos of this car so far on my photobucket. just let me know and ALL input is welcome positive and negative. let me have it. thanx for looking keep checking for progress I work on it about every night.

bobby

0912100016b.jpg

0912100017.jpg

0917100028.jpg

0914100037a.jpg

0914100037.jpg

It looks reel good but it is not scratch built only the frame part is. scratch build means make not with kit parts. good job. Jimmy! B)

You know what man, I'm not picking a fight, but I've just read threw your last posts and saying this type of stuff isn't scratch built. He opened the doors, scratch built the hinges, and the door jambs, It's not box stock either, and it's not even done yet. And he said "ALMOST scratch built" You need to know what your talking and read before you comment on stuff.

It looks very cool so far, really like it! Nice job on the door jambs.

Edited by bowtiebadboy333

Not scratch built. It is or it is not. cut up kit body not scratchbuild. frame is. look it up. U should "know what your talking and read before you comment on stuff" please. :rolleyes: thanks JIMMY!

frame? scratchbuilt...door jambs? scratchbuilt...hinges? scratchbuilt...did the kit come with opening doors and trunk? no it didnt...did it come with the frame and hinges in the box? no it didnt... therefore he has "scratchbuilt" opening doors, trunk, and a full frame....in my opinion that makes it "ALMOST" scratchbuilt which is what the OP stated.

well what you guys classify as scratch built i agree with but I did say "almost" and its funny how the ONLY thing I have used from the kit is the body and even that has been modified. If you guys want to get THAT technical I'll just build a whole car out of brass on my next build!!!!! If you dont like the car and the work dont follow it. i do appreciate coments and feedback on the car, and craftsmanship! not how I word things as to what is "scratch built" or almost completely scratch built.

well what you guys classify as scratch built i agree with but I did say "almost" and its funny how the ONLY thing I have used from the kit is the body and even that has been modified. If you guys want to get THAT technical I'll just build a whole car out of brass on my next build!!!!! If you dont like the car and the work dont follow it. i do appreciate coments and feedback on the car, and craftsmanship! not how I word things as to what is "scratch built" or almost completely scratch built.

I love your build so far man, I was talking to that madskills guy, saying it's not scratch built, which it is!

I scratch build stuff alot(which barley gets done,lol), and really understand how hard it is.

We were trying to explain to that madskills guy he dosen't know what he's talking about lol

You are doing s great job on it and will be following along, can't wait for an update!

This is absolutely outstanding, and it's an excellent example of how you can post a lot of pictures that make sense and show something new in every one.

I would say that your scratchbuilding skills are superb, and you described this as "almost" scratchbuilt. Honestly, I don't understand the conversations about whether a model is scratchbuilt or not (lots of skillfully scratchbuilt components just make for a great model, regardless of what you call it), just as I don't understand the semantic wrangling on another thread here about the meaning of "custom."

Edited by sjordan2

The spirit of the Treehugger is strong with this one B)

I would suggest you not rag on people here for box-stock building. There are some of the most talented builders in the world on here who build out of the box.

edit- I guess Harry edited the box-stock comments out. Calling someone a box-stock modeler is considered a compliment on this board.

Edited by Brett Barrow

The spirit of the Treehugger is strong with this one B)

I would suggest you not rag on people here for box-stock building. There are some of the most talented builders in the world on here who build out of the box.

edit- I guess Harry edited the box-stock comments out. Calling someone a box-stock modeler is considered a compliment on this board.

I was thinking the same thing as I read through this thread......

It's like "Treehugger-gate" all over again...LOL...

"THD-2.0".. :lol:

ALL input is welcome positive and negative. let me have it.

The tinwork under the hood is almost completely symmetrical.

I was thinking the same thing as I read through this thread......

It's like "Treehugger-gate" all over again...LOL...

"THD-2.0".. B)

Based on what I read before the editing, this is gonna be a wild ride!

Edited by Brett Barrow

Im almost afaid to comment.... B):lol: but here goes, the work so far on your build looks to be comming along well. Just keep moving forward and dont worrie about what the next man has to say :blink: And dont get upset if someone makes a comment about your model that you dont like. When we put ourselves up for examination people will do just that. And if you cant take the heat of the examination ..... well get off the doctors table. Just build your model to please yourself because you cant please everyone. Now move over Jeff so i can fasten my seatbelt and hand me the popcorn Brett this is gonna be aheck of a ride. :huh:

Im almost afaid to comment.... B):lol: but here goes, the work so far on your build looks to be comming along well. Just keep moving forward and dont worrie about what the next man has to say :blink: And dont get upset if someone makes a comment about your model that you dont like. When we put ourselves up for examination people will do just that. And if you cant take the heat of the examination ..... well get off the doctors table. Just build your model to please yourself because you cant please everyone. Now move over Jeff so i can fasten my seatbelt and hand me the popcorn Brett this is gonna be aheck of a ride. :huh:

It's kinda like downhill skiing........Fast, explosive, and on the verge of losing control... ph34r.gif:huh:ph34r.gif

Walking the razor's edge is never easy...Yikes.. :o

You know what man, I'm not picking a fight, but I've just read threw your last posts and saying this type of stuff isn't scratch built. He opened the doors, scratch built the hinges, and the door jambs, It's not box stock either, and it's not even done yet. And he said "ALMOST scratch built" You need to know what your talking and read before you comment on stuff.

It looks very cool so far, really like it! Nice job on the door jambs.

B):lol:

Quit arguing the meaning of "scratchbuilt" and pay attention to what's being shown... :D

Agreed 1000%.

Bobby- great work; this is a beautiful example of how to take what's already a great model and make a great model that can be said to border on work of art. We really are a nice bunch of people here, don't let the occasional silliness and sword-throwing scare you. Sometimes discussions get a bit spirited, but we it's usually in the spirit of trying to take us all to the next level.

Charlie Larkin

Harry, Brett,johnny, danno,j. sauber, aftsshock, and charger chick. thank you all very much!!!! that was some welcome to a new forum from that BADAZZwhatever his name was. I really dont care what he has to say. i posted my car to get what i got from you guys. complements and creteques. all others need not reply. I know that I may not be augie or even Bob kurnow from MCG. however.... I do know what I am capable of. I build for me and just hope to get some inspiration from these forums while giving some to others as well. thank you all again and stay tunned for more updates.

Bobby Jernigan