Model Cars Magazine Forum

SR20 powered 180sx drift spec

taz

Hey there :unsure:

I built this halfway through building my fortune rx7, my skills developed alot on this build...so its quite a significant build for me in that sense.

Tamiya kit, alot of scratch made parts-

Interior-stripped look, roll cage made from brass, dash mods, door cards

exterior parts, front bumper, rear bumper, sideskirts, guards, vents, bonnet, lights, kouki rear lights

alot of engine parts, enginebay, chassis detailing etc

Painted zero candy blue :huh: I hope you like it, Im a serious s13 enthusiast.

SL733391.jpg

SL733393.jpg

SL733405.jpg

SL733404.jpg

SL732727.jpg

SL733394.jpg

SL733396.jpg

SL733388.jpg

SL732737.jpg

SL732735.jpg

Edited by taz

• 7 months later...

I will join the very nice banwagon. I looked at the pic's very closley and was very impressed. I'm building a import at the moment and was starting to get burnt out ,but now I think I might have to go work on it some. thanks dude!

thats killer! and i take it thats your 1:1 it is posed on?

i have a 1:1 96 240sx, bought new when they were practically giving them away but i always loved the look of the first series as well, which resemble this 180 quite a bit. one question i have and im sure i could research it myself but since you have one maybe you know, ive read about a "lazy eye" conversion kit for the headlights and i have also seen a number of these cars with one headlight halfway open and one closed, kind of "winking" at you. looks kinda funky but it does grow on one. so the question is, is that the "lazy eye" effect they refer to? because it does kind of look like one eye is open and the other, the "lazy" one, closed. i also have a 1:1 series 1 mazda mx-5 (miata) and the same sort of kit is available for that though i have never seen one in real life. just curious.

yours is looking great! as for "respect", i give them a lot. way more than say another shoebox chebby which if i never saw another in my life i wouldnt miss it a bit.

thats killer! and i take it thats your 1:1 it is posed on?

i have a 1:1 96 240sx, bought new when they were practically giving them away but i always loved the look of the first series as well, which resemble this 180 quite a bit. one question i have and im sure i could research it myself but since you have one maybe you know, ive read about a "lazy eye" conversion kit for the headlights and i have also seen a number of these cars with one headlight halfway open and one closed, kind of "winking" at you. looks kinda funky but it does grow on one. so the question is, is that the "lazy eye" effect they refer to? because it does kind of look like one eye is open and the other, the "lazy" one, closed. i also have a 1:1 series 1 mazda mx-5 (miata) and the same sort of kit is available for that though i have never seen one in real life. just curious.

yours is looking great! as for "respect", i give them a lot. way more than say another shoebox chebby which if i never saw another in my life i wouldnt miss it a bit.

yeah bud thats the lazy eye.