Model Cars Magazine Forum

A first for me...

Okay, it IS a Red oval, but it is a fire truck. I haven't built a fire truck since I was 16 years old.

My attempt at a late 80's Denton, Texas fire truck. Engines 1-6 were Peterbilt 377 units. All are out of service now.

engine3inspiration.jpg

engine3mockup82910.jpg

engine3aircleaners9610.jpg

The caps are resin items from Eric at P&P

engine3painted91610.jpg

engine3_377hoodoff92110.jpg

Plenty of work to be done...

Thanks for looking!

Tim

Looking really nice, Tim. Stepping out of your "comfort zone" a little bit? I like the Dupli-Color Victory Red, but I had a heck of a time with it on my American-LaFrance pumper. It kept turning pink!!! By the third coat it would be red, but if I had to do a touch up fourth coat it would turn pink again, and I'd be back where I started.

thats gonna be a nice lookin biuld when its done, i dont ever recall actually seeing one of these in person but ive seen pics. cant wait to see this one done. is there a big differance in the main biuld, or does everything just fit onto a stock cab and frame? the red is really nice lookin

dennis

engine3gettinghosed92310.jpg

Thanks to the tips on www.scalefirehouse.com and Charlie Rowley for the hose tip. :rolleyes:

Thanks for looking.

Tim

Tim, I like the tip for the fire hose, I'll have to check their site out. Where did the nozzle come from, is it a kit piece? That's been one thing holding me up on building Trumpeter's ALF, I want some nice fire hose in it.

Wow Tim! That is really lookin sharp!!!!!!! The sad thing is, it won't fit in with the rest of your trucks being that it's a fire engine. You better send it to me when your done. We don't want all those other trucks getting jealous!

Wow Tim! That is really lookin sharp!!!!!!! The sad thing is, it won't fit in with the rest of your trucks being that it's a fire engine. You better send it to me when your done. We don't want all those other trucks getting jealous!