Model Cars Magazine Forum

Transtar 4300 Eagle

Guest Markus355

Guest Markus355

drilled out the rear end mounts the copper tube is just there for mock up, it will be getting scale hardware

transtar004.jpg

transtar005.jpg

transtar006.jpg

transtar014.jpg

transtar015.jpg

Colours will be a Black metallic, candy red combo. Red frame, black diff's, black cab with red 2 tone, and a Red IH logo painted on the back of the sleeper

As a machinist im adding my own flare to it to the tune of machined drive shafts with detailed u joints, Turned aluminum stacks, Aluminum bumpers, and polished stainless air horns

Mark,

For a first time build you have chosen a great kit. The 4300 is a very interesting truck to build. The working rear tandems will be good to see. Someone on the forum built a Paystar with working rear suspension a while back (Maybe 2 or 3 years ago). It really does add interest to the truck. I will be getting another 4300 and fitting a 12V71 Detroit or a Clatterpillar 1693TA. But thats a long way of yet. Too many other projects to do first. Good Luck with the project and keep us posted.

Dave

Guest Markus355

to read such nice comments from guys with such great builds on here means a lot, thanks! i forgot to mention, the frame will be getting stretched as well as the 5th wheel looks way to close to the sleeper to my eye. plus the builds vibe is kind of a "working show truck"

not a full blown shower, but much nicer than your average road rig

I think the reason for the shortness of the frame is that it is a version of the frame modified from the old 4270 kit, which had a shorter hood, and no sleeper in the kit. Comparing the 2 kits is how I drew this conclusion.(Can anyone confirm this?) The sleeper boot seems to really push the sleeper back, too. Your ideas for this kit are really cool.

Didn't ERTL originally do this kit? It had opening doors and everything. I've been eyeing this for a while and considering giving it a second chance since the one I had back in the day was a glue bomb. Really like what you're doing with this one!! :rolleyes:

Guest Markus355

thanks guys! should have some paint on it by the end of the weekend hopefully. painted the engine last night, metallic blue though i think the shade is a tad darker than its supposed to be, oh well. (testors one coat lacquer star spangled blue)

• 2 months later...