Model Cars Magazine Forum

Finished 1967 Shelby GT350

Jeff Johnston

Did you open the panels yourself, or did the kit come that way? Love the door latch detail.

Nice interior, dash looks great. Nice color, nice model, nice car. Of course when it comes to Mustangs I'm biased... :)

(BTW... get that driver side inner door panel glued down... :))

Did you open the panels yourself, or did the kit come that way? Love the door latch detail.

Nice interior, dash looks great. Nice color, nice model, nice car. Of course when it comes to Mustangs I'm biased... :)

(BTW... get that driver side inner door panel glued down... :))

LOL Harry I saw that when I took the pics... Its amazing what the camera will show that my eyes can't see. I opened the door panels myself, and the trunk lid is already kind of open on that kit.

Jeff, One little point I noticed upon going back to the pictures. This is a little something that Bill Geary pointed out a few years ago, and it really makes a difference. If you grind away the outer edge of the inside surface of the door a bit after you cut it free from the body, the door thickness has a more realistic look to it. The average thickness of the plastic molded body would scale out to about an inch and a half thick. By grinding or sanding it away the thickness will be appropriate for the scale.....with that beautiful door jam detail, this could be that little bit that makes a huge difference. Just saying..... ;)

Jeff, One little point I noticed upon going back to the pictures. This is a little something that Bill Geary pointed out a few years ago, and it really makes a difference. If you grind away the outer edge of the inside surface of the door a bit after you cut it free from the body, the door thickness has a more realistic look to it. The average thickness of the plastic molded body would scale out to about an inch and a half thick. By grinding or sanding it away the thickness will be appropriate for the scale.....with that beautiful door jam detail, this could be that little bit that makes a huge difference. Just saying..... ;)

Thank you for the tip Peter. It's true that the door panel looks thick as a Sherman tank in scale :blink: I'll definitely do that next time. I never noticed it until you pointed it out, and you are so correct...the trick will be for me to not grind too far LOL.

I appreciate the feedback, as I'm always trying to do just a little bit better on the next one (which will be a sprint OHC 68 Firebird..)

• 2 weeks later...