Model Cars Magazine Forum

'70 Dodge Charger Conversion

Just saw this again, and let me tell you, NO WAY does the original 70 Charger COMPARE with the Missing Link kit! I have them BOTH now, and the ML kit is STATE of the ART! The original 70 kit is an ORIGINAL 70 kit, 50 yr old Technology! The ML body is taken from the newer REVELL KIT, SO IT is a much nicer looking body. The ML kit is perfect, the original 70 MPC kit has dimples in the upper rear quarters, near the ends, between the rear wheelwells and rear bumper. which are ALSO in their 68 AND 69 Charger kits!(I checked) which MUST be filled to get the nice smoothness of the Revell/ML kit. It goes for 70 bucks, comes with TWO optional grilles/taillight panel, stock or R/T versions and complete interior, and hood. All the chrome parts are VERY nicely plated and it fits the Revell kit LIKE A GLOVE!!! GREAT kit for the price! I HIGHLY recommend it!!!!

Missing Link 70 Charger + MM 1843M Star Spangled Blue =

100_4599.jpg

100_4590.jpg

Would/Will definitely buy any product from Missing Link. So glad they give you the option of base/ R/T version. By using the Revell Charger kit for a donor, you get a better detail chassis and interior than if you were using the AMT Charger. A Difference of Night and Day between the two! Chuck

Edited by satterwhite78

• 2 weeks later...

I think the point is; if you want a 1970 charger, the Missing Link option is very good and most will build an RT which covers the Revell scallops, I think.

The comment about the Revell Charger scallops is accurate. They are too heavy. But, it is, what it is. Chasing down MPC originals is expensive and probably not that important in the big picture. Can you sand or polish down the Revell scallops to reduce their bold appearance?

• 2 years later...