Model Cars Magazine Forum

T-shirt artwork

Jairus

Salem SPEED Shop and "Rat Hole Customs" asked me to come up with a few t-shirt designs. I have two done and wanted your guys opinions. Would you wear one? Would you buy one?

tshirtart3-vi.jpg

This one will be printed in two colors on either white or black shirt.

S_S_S_shirtproof3-vi.jpg

This one will be printed in three colors on black only. Not sure if I am ready to leave this one alone yet... but both shirts will be sold via the many forums I frequent and eventually by "Rat Hole Customs" web site. (When Mark gets it set up, but we are printing NOW)

29tubproof2-vi.jpg

tshirtart_proof3-vi.jpg

Estimated cost will be about $19.00 each plus shipping. But that could change. B)

The shirts are not printed yet. The printer has to get back from his Anniversary vacation to Las Vegas. Since then the two shirts have gone through some slight adjustments and changes. So, that said I still need opinions because nothing is set in stone yet.

The printer suggested we do one of the images with a "machine wash" filter. This creates cracks and voids in the image much like a t-shirt would after being washed a bunch of times. BUT, the shirts are brand new American Made... it's just the image that looks old.

I am not yet sold on the idea but think it does have credence when designing shirts that are made to look vintage.

This one might be printed with the filter in place... and yet again, we might do a test run both ways and see which sells better.

Or I could wait and do the 3rd or 4th image that way. At any rate this is the update so far.

Logo #1 with filter.

S_S_S_shirtproof4-vi.jpg

The backs will feature a neat trick that Pat Redmond made me aware of, that of printed louvers. Cool huh?

S_S_S_shirtproof_back-vi.jpg

The second design has gotten some letter spacing corrected and a neat little pinstripe detail added to the Phaetons rear panel.

29tubproof5-vi.jpg

Once again, I am not selling these shirts on this forum! When they are available for purchase I will simply post where and who to contact. My purpose on this and other forums is simply to get your opinions on what YOU guys think is cool. :lol:

Jim, these are being sold to a way wider market place and I really do appreciate your opinion. No worries.

Edited by Jairus

I like Harry's version of #1. I would never buy any shirt with the "machine wash". The louvers on the back is a good idea if you have the logo on the front. Personally I don't want/buy anything on the front, only the logo on the back. That's the way it was. On the back.